By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The real reason for Madworld's low start to sales?

most retail stores have shovelware in stock at the counter like redneck jamboree lol. i went to target on wednesday and saw 1 copy of madworld. went back today and saw 3 so thats a good sign. i think retailers didnt want to stock this game like call of duty war at world in the beginning. now u can find waw easily at retail stores.

Around the Network
coasterlove said:
I think the real reason Madworld didn't sell a lot is because not a lot of people bought it.

That's probably the main reason, but it's also in black and white.

wii not hardcore install base...

It's way to violent for the average person's tastes.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

GameStop was leading the promotion of this game, though. To see Wal-Mart neglect it is no great flaw, but to see GameStop do the same would be a greater blow to the game.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Because its a M rated game and Wii owners are children and old people.

I wonder if the NPD will show higher sales for this game than VGC, based upon its models and input.

In other words, where the game is selling is probably video game stores rather than toy stores or discount stores. So NPD will peg its sales higher.

Just a thought

Mike from Morgantown

If this happens, it will prove my thesis about NPD being biased.

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

coolestguyever said:

I suppose then that 1.5 million of seven year old bought Resident evil 4. Or that elementary school from everywhere in Amercia bought 1 millions of Call of Duty to teach children about world war 2.  I also guess that some old people were getting tired of wii bowling and went  for House of the dead 2 and 3...

coolestguyever said:

Haven't you been banned enough already?

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=52607&page=1

But NO-ONE would listen to ME when I was talking about it!