By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The real reason for Madworld's low start to sales?

People cannot find Madworld.

Whether it is retail stores selling out copies of it (which I doubt), or the retailers simply not ordering the stock, the game is proving difficult to find. It wasn't there on the announced launch date either(3/10 Americas- 3/20 Others).

If the game was just slightly longer in length (8-10 hours), I would've bought it, but I don't have the funds to drop $50 all willy-nilly, I'm just a kid.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network
travis said:
coolestguyever said:
Because its a M rated game and Wii owners are children and old people.

I suppose then that 1.5 million of seven year old bought Resident evil 4. Or that elementary school from everywhere in Amercia bought 1 millions of Call of Duty to teach children about world war 2. I also guess that some old people were getting tired of wii bowling and went for House of the dead 2 and 3...

Please tell me the bit about the school is made up...

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Paul said:
coasterlove said:
I think the real reason Madworld didn't sell a lot is because not a lot of people bought it.

That's probably the main reason, but it's also in black and white.

And it's only 3-4 hours.

The OP is right... but I gave you all fair warning...

At first I was kinda interested in the game and was planning on getting it, but then I found out it was only 5 hours long, but still had to pay full price, plus it doesn't even have widescreen, something even the most horrid of 'Letz imagine teh BabieZ: Party Adventurez' games have. No thanks, there are just too many other games that are better value for money.
Of course, that's MHO.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network
Cheebee said:
At first I was kinda interested in the game and was planning on getting it, but then I found out it was only 5 hours long, but still had to pay full price, plus it doesn't even have widescreen, something even the most horrid of 'Letz imagine teh BabieZ: Party Adventurez' games have. No thanks, there are just too many other games that are better value for money.
Of course, that's MHO.

Well, If you don't buy it their won't be a sequel, and I bet the sequel will be longer, better and have online.

YesWiiCan said:
Cheebee said:
Of course, that's MHO.

Well, If you don't buy it their won't be a sequel, and I bet the sequel will be longer, better and have online.

Buying a game so that there might be a sequel which might be longer is idiotic. You buy a game because you think it's worth your money, noting else.

Cheebee said:
Of course, that's MHO.

No no no and no! That does not make sens. I mean, everybody need his daily dose of ultra-violence. That's sort of the same pattern than Brain training kind of game.  You must repeat the same levels over and over again and then you will obtein the real benefit out of it.

I really want this game and probably will get it when it is cheaper.

Having said that, i am getting really tired of developers bringing out fully priced, unpolished, demo sized games, and asking us to support these games. How about developers take a risk, and invest slightly more into bringing fewer, but better and longer games without frame rate and camera issues.

In my opinion, Madworld is at best a $30 game, and if Sega had charged that from the get go, this game may have been more successful.

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

It needs to be E for everyone to get higher sales.