By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Star Fox Creator: No Wii Star Fox, Wii is a Toy.

bdbdbd said:
@WoW: But this the guy who developed Starfox Command. I don't think he has the right to talk about the lack of fun.

@Pete_Beast: No. Argonaut came into picture in designing polygon based graphics, that Nintendo didn't have experience in, Argonaut was used in programming the title.

Uhm... what are you talking about?

Around the Network

@Pete_Beast: What i mean is, that first game in the series was programmed by Argonaut (and Super FX chip was designed by Argonaut aswell), otherwise the game was Nintendos design.
Starfox was Nintendos first 3D game, with the game they obviously were making plans for the future, trying and learning out the tech, when Argonaut had been making games with vector based graphics ever since the early 80's. Nintendos next two gaming hardware after SNES (Virtual Boy and N64), were both designed polygon based 3D game worlds in mind.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Fox?Fox? nnnnooooo

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

NintendoMan said:
I really liked Starfox Command. I thought it was better than the GC iterations. I really don't get where all the hate for certain Nintendo (mario sunshine & phantom hourglass for example) games come from.

I can answer those for you, first up is phantom hourglass, was critisize for the repetitiveness dungeon. Can't say anything from myself 'cause I haven't played it...And Super Mario Sunshine, Adam Sessler from X-play said it himself that it felt rushed, unpolished, not enough fan-service and the obnoxious add-on; a talking back-pack. I would like to point that this was solid mario title.

DarkNight_DS said:
Command was an OK game... nothing great... StarFox 64 is still the game to beat. This guy flip flops all the time in his interviews. I think he's just upset that he's no longer as good at what he use to do... hopefully he'll get his magic back.

Don't you mean get his mojo back...

The Ghost of RubangB said:
The Wii looks like a white DVD player. The GameCube looks like a purple lunchbox with a handle. And the Wii is supposed to get this toy stigma? In all my years...

Also, he just explained exactly why Miyamoto is the best game developer. He does whatever he wants to think up, and doesn't confine himself to a traditional formula. Imagine if we had Super Mario Bros. 9 instead of Super Mario Galaxy, or Donkey Kong 4 instead of Donkey Kong Country? This Cuthbert guy is a turd.

I don't promote name-calling, but I can't pass this up!

Mr. Cuth-turd, or is it Turdbert?

Now that I got that off my chest, back on topic...

I was hoping there would be a new Starfox game for the Wii, somehow I wish they would implemented everything they did in this latest instalment. I've only played 2 games of this series, Starfox Adventures wich was an ok game for me, but felt it could've done better, standing right next to Twilight Princess. And Starfox Assault wich I also thought was an ok game, still didn't beat though...Nintendo EAD had better be the developer for this one!

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

I think he's out of touch with what core gamers want. I found Star Fox Assault to be the best SF game yet. I loved the idea of not being a flying game only.

He sounds bitter about the Wii overall. A shame really, because most of the bitter comments like this has nice backlashes on those people.

Around the Network

lol someones bitter about the wii and miyamoto!! i think he has some issues to work out

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!!