By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - First MAG images released

It all depends on it's implementation. If it's laggy? It can probably be ruined. I have faith though. Resistance 2 wasn't laggy. I doubt they would release a major game with serious issues.

The concept sounds great. It's a matter of making the 256 person game seem like a real war zone. Not just a slaughter house with 256 people and too much chaos.

Around the Network

To everyone who is talking about "This game will bomb in sales" or "How do you think the sales will be for this game?".

I understand this is a site on console and gaming sales but last time I checked this was called the "Sony forums". You know, a forum area to talk about Sony and it's games. If we wanted to talk about sales in this thread it would have been made in the "Sales forum" area.

Bringing sales into each and every thread is getting out of hand and kills any possibility of people trying to have a conversation about possible game quality and/or excitement. The point of this thread was to check and then comment on the newly released screenshots and concept artwork for this game, not it's god damn sales and most certainly not Killzone 2's "6% attach rate".

You want to discuss it's possible sales? Go make a thread in the forum area in which sales discussions belong.

*sigh*

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I imagine that this game's success will be founded on (A) it's overall quality, and (B) its subscription/expansion model.

It doesn't have to sell 1M+ copies, if those
If its decent quality, and there is no subscription, I can imagine this game will sell in the many millions, just by nature, and utter lack of competition. If there is a subscription, and again its decent quality, Sony may very well still make a profit, especially if they are clever about DLC (more maps, more ways to expand your persistant character in this "MMOFPS", etc.).

It looks pretty good in these shots. I imagine we'll know plenty more after this year's E3.

NinjaKido said:
Squilliam said:
I have PS3s...

What you have a PS3 !?!? , oh you couldn't possibly be a troll then.

lol its kind of hard to believe!!

Squilliam: I only got an Xbox 360 because I was appalled at the conduct of certain PS3 fanboys...
I prefer to side with the lulz to be honest.

Squilliam said:
I've almost made it to 3 days without trolling the PS3. My personal best is 17 days and I want to beat that record?

I'm not really liking the first person perspective. It seems off compared to other games released recently. It seems almost outdated, similar to Haze's use of the first person view.

I think Zipper has been making third person shooters for a bit too long.

Around the Network

If it is another FPS i won't get it, now, if one can choose between 1st person or 3rd person and different roles in the game, then bring it on...

Squilliam said:
kowenicki said:
Squilliam said:
I can't afford this game, I have an Xbox Live subscription to pay.

?

I can't afford a second subscription.

That was just a cheap shot Mr.Squidward Squilliam.

If it was third person, I'd buy it. I hear the Socom games rocked, and Uncharted has shown me how awesome TPS can be. Tbh, I think I like TPS more than FPS, and I'd like a good TPS to complement Killzone 2, which will probably be the only FPS I play for quite some time.

Staude said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I have no interest in M.A.G. There's nothing special about it to me.

you mean.. besides the mmo like condition with 256 players all in 1 map at any given time right ?

ArmA had 300 and the gameplay was boring,However MAG could be awesome,and if there are no sub fee's,then Xbox LIVE WILL have to step its game up..

How ever either have Free MAG could A.Show weakness or B.Show how strong you are as a company.

A-You make the game free to hope to attract new players to your console.

B-You get balls and add a fee to show which company is in charge.

How ever MAG is looking awesome!

Well, that survey from awhile back asked about various payment methods. I wouldn't be surprised if they went with a paid content model. Subscription fees seem to be on the way out with microtransactions (or larger DLC, in this case) becoming the norm.