By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The best platformer of all time?

Either Super Mario Bros. or Super Mario Galaxy.

Super Mario Bros was difficult but not impossible, the controls are precise and it looked awesome back in the day (granted I didn't know the difference back then anyway).

Super Mario Galaxy is the best Mario game to date.

(Super Mario 64 is the most crucial to the franchise, but aside from that, it's nothing compared to SMG taking out nostalgia. There I said it).

Around the Network

Super Mario All-Stars or Super Mario Galaxy or a Sonic compilation.

SMB3.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Megaman 1-9

crash 1,2 and 3 were really incredible. i havent played LBP so i dont know but it looks awesome. but for me the best plataformer of all times is super mario bros 3, that game is just AMAZING.

Around the Network

2D
1. Sonic The Hedgehog 2
2. Super Mario Bros.
3. Super Metroid
4. Super Mario World
5. Mega Man X

3D
1. Super Mario 64
2. Mega Man Legends
3. Sonic Adventure
4. Crash Bandicoot 2
5. Jak And Daxter

Man i miss the days of platformer dominance, i tire of FPS easily. I would love to see a platform that relies on something other than shooters, Nintendo does but i want more platformers from them. Sad thing is that  platforming really disappeared as a huge genre when Sega Dreamcast died.

Kickin' Those Games Old School.       -       201 Beaten Games And Counting

Nickelbackro said:

2D
1. Sonic The Hedgehog 2
2. Super Mario Bros.
3. Super Metroid
4. Super Mario World
5. Mega Man X

3D
1. Super Mario 64
2. Mega Man Legends
3. Sonic Adventure
4. Crash Bandicoot 2
5. Jak And Daxter

Man i miss the days of platformer dominance, i tire of FPS easily. I would love to see a platform that relies on something other than shooters, Nintendo does but i want more platformers from them. Sad thing is that  platforming really disappeared as a huge genre when Sega Dreamcast died.

Do you have a Wii? The platformer genre is still pretty dominant there: Super Mario Galaxy, Warioland: Shake It, De Blob, Mushroom Men, Megaman 9, lots of Spyro, Crash and Sonic games, and a Klonoa remake is coming this year. In addition there's the Virtual Console with all the old-school platformers you might have missed on countless platforms.

Super mario 64

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

My Most Wanted Games: StarCraft II, Diablo III, Next console Zelda, and Final Fantasy VII remake.

I love all Mario platformers and I also enjoyed the first three crash games and Lomax but the winner is Super Mario Galaxy!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

mario