By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What will be the Tekken 6's Performance,Critically and Commercially?

Dgc1808 said:
6M total sales on both platforms.

MetaCritic between 88-95.

^^^ Urm...you sure about that?

I'd say 4.5 mil tops.

Around the Network

Fighting games are small nowadays. Tekken 6 will sell a bit less than Street Fighter IV.

1.3 mill on PS3 and 1.1 mill on X360

Not sure why some people think T6 will sell less than SF4. Tekken hasn't sold less than SF...well...ever, actually.

If the PSP re-release of T5 is stopping around 2 million (with pretty much zero advertising), no way the PS360 version of a BRAND NEW game (which will, presumably, have more hype surrounding it as the release date approaches) will stop around the same number. Fighters overall aren't big, but there are still the big names that can pull big numbers.

to me and my friends tekken is a religion, we will each buy one copy and will play every day until the next tekken, amen

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

92% PS3
84% X360

4 million PS3
2 million 360

PLAYSTATION® is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network

Looking at Sales of SC IV and Street Fighter IV i really doubt that Tekken can outperform them, they are also big games and they got high reviews but sales were somewhat medicore at best (especially with SF IV). I think 2.5-3 milion between both consoles will be a good result

^^ Tekken has always sold better than those two games. I don't see why T6BR would be any different.

6M is NOT happening though. The only Tekken game to sell that much was Tekken 3. It'll be between 3.5-4.5 mil, imo, going off the sales of T5DR.

ps3 - 2 million lifetime sales
360 - 1.75 million lifetime sales
overall score average will be 88.3

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
ps3 - 2 million lifetime sales
360 - 1.75 million lifetime sales
overall score average will be 88.3

I'm going to second this.

TheTruthHurts! said:
I think it will average in low to mid 80's (score wise), with sales tracking similar to the sales of SFIV (for the first month) between the two systems, but finishing 200-400k lower than SFIV. I believe PS3 sales will top out 100k higher than 360's.

I love Tekken, but this gen's fighting game is and will remain SFIV (IMO)!

Not only is soul calibur in general not as good as tekken, soul calibur 4 is possible the worst in the series (not having played the first.. it's atleast worse than the third, with the only good thing being darth vader and the apprentice) while tekken 6 looks like it's going t obe the best yet (cept that devil kazuya is lacking) so i.. VETO ! your opinion :p (well you can have your opinion but mine differs greatly. :p)

Check out my game about moles ^