By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What will be the Tekken 6's Performance,Critically and Commercially?

What will its sales be on the ps3 and xbox360...n what will its overall critical score?

Being a cricket fan is much simpler and more fun
Around the Network

I think it will average in low to mid 80's (score wise), with sales tracking similar to the sales of SFIV (for the first month) between the two systems, but finishing 200-400k lower than SFIV. I believe PS3 sales will top out 100k higher than 360's.

I love Tekken, but this gen's fighting game is and will remain SFIV (IMO)!

1 mil on ps3 is guaranteed. I what to predict for the 360. I'm not sure of the critical acclaim because from what I've seen, the grfx look worse than SC4. Thats not a good start.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

TheTruthHurts! said:
I think it will average in low to mid 80's (score wise), with sales tracking similar to the sales of SFIV (for the first month) between the two systems, but finishing 200-400k lower than SFIV. I believe PS3 sales will top out 100k higher than 360's.

I love Tekken, but this gen's fighting game is and will remain SFIV (IMO)!

LOL no way. The only Tekken game with such low scores was Tekken 4, and that game was reeeeally bad.

And T6 will sell more than SFIV overall. Way more popular in both Japan and Others. America is hard to tell, though.

not sure...

PLAYSTATION® is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network

I predict over 1.5 million sales for the PS3 version and at least 1 million sales for the 360 version.

it will be the best Fighting game in terms of sales this gen (yes I'm not counting Brawl)

as for score I think it will NOT have better scores than SFIV but I will get it anyways although I suck at this genre

Pristine20 said:
1 mil on ps3 is guaranteed. I what to predict for the 360. I'm not sure of the critical acclaim because from what I've seen, the grfx look worse than SC4. Thats not a good start.

Good, I though it was just me, its looks like Tekken 5 DR

TheThunder said:
it will be the best Fighting game in terms of sales this gen (yes I'm not counting Brawl)

as for score I think it will NOT have better scores than SFIV but I will get it anyways although I suck at this genre

I agree. Better sales, but not better scores (SFIV was grossly overrated...it was good, but not 93 on metacritic good). Tekken 6 won't have the nostalgia factor to drive up the review scores like that.

6M total sales on both platforms.

MetaCritic between 88-95.

4 ≈ One