By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why can't the 360 have lots of people in online matches yet the PS3 can????

TheThunder said:
Badassbab said:
I hate this whole idea that the more players in a single match the better the match. The best games are with a small team vs a small team.

Exactly

16 player matches in KZ2 are the better way to play (maybe 22 in that one big map), but 32 player is just random chaos and it’s not fun

Left(6)4Dead?

Not fun at all,it would be horrible!

Around the Network
Garnett said:
Any game can have 64 players,how ever the more players you have the less quality you have IMO.

Ya if you are playing on Live which sucks at online multiplayer.

At the PSN I can start playing multiplayer with any number of people without any worries.

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

ocnkng said:
Garnett said:
Any game can have 64 players,how ever the more players you have the less quality you have IMO.

At the PSN I can start playing multiplayer with any number of people without any worries.

Play 64 player killzone 2,256 player R2,oh wait you cant play ANY number of people.

Sony is using Dedicated Servers,which are nothing new,and the game MP can be cut eventually,but 360 games can go on even till xbox 1080,P2P is for ever,Dedicated is only for a limited time untill Sony cuts it off,So i guess you can say the 360 online is...Future Proof?

Garnett said:
ocnkng said:
Garnett said:

Play 64 player killzone 2,256 player R2,oh wait you cant play ANY number of people.

Sony is using Dedicated Servers,which are nothing new,and the game MP can be cut eventually,but 360 games can go on even till xbox 1080,P2P is for ever,Dedicated is only for a limited time untill Sony cuts it off,So i guess you can say the 360 online is...Future Proof?

So you are saying that the 360 online is better coz even though it provides a considerably suckier experience right now it will be better in the future?

So I guess we should all pack our games up and plan on playing them 10 years later (With backward compatibility on the xbox 1080)

Wow...enlightening

then live on one's knees

ocnkng said:
Garnett said:
ocnkng said:
Garnett said:

So you are saying that the 360 online is better coz even though it provides a considerably suckier experience right now it will be better in the future?

So I guess we should all pack our games up and plan on playing them 10 years later (With backward compatibility on the xbox 1080)

Wow...enlightening

No,i never said Xbox 360 online is better,nor did i say it will be better in the future,i said not all games are made for 64 players,64 players is a gimmick ya know?

By XBox 720 i will STILL be able to play L4d online,but you wont be able to play R2 because Sony would of shut the online services off,lol.

Around the Network
ocnkng said:
Garnett said:
ocnkng said:
Garnett said:

Wow...enlightening

I don't know where your getting the 360 has a "considerably suckier experience" because it VERY RARLEY lags, and most of the lag is due to lag switching. 

Garnett said:
ocnkng said:
Garnett said:
ocnkng said:
Garnett said:

Wow...enlightening

No,i never said Xbox 360 online is better,nor did i say it will be better in the future,i said not all games are made for 64 players,64 players is a gimmick ya know?

By XBox 720 i will STILL be able to play L4d online,but you wont be able to play R2 because Sony would of shut the online services off,lol.

Why would Sony shut the online services off in a year? I'll be suprised if XBOX 3, I am not calling it 720, is announced this year and comes out next year. Really, why would Sony shut the online services off when the PS3 will still be around when the Xbox 3 drops?

yo_john117 said:
ocnkng said:
Garnett said:
ocnkng said:
Garnett said:

Wow...enlightening

I don't know where your getting the 360 has a "considerably suckier experience" because it VERY RARLEY lags, and most of the lag is due to lag switching. 

I never played Halo3 on live but I faced lots of lag when playing RainBow 6: Vegas online. Also when I tried to go online with Gears 2 I had to wait in the lobby for 5 mins waiting for people to join. Its not that same experience in PSN where you can start playing with 15 - 30 players within a few seconds in games like R2, COD:WaW and KZ2. Oh and with that many people playing together still very few instances of lag.

then live on one's knees

mroca said:
Garnett said:
ocnkng said:
Garnett said:
ocnkng said:
Garnett said:

Wow...enlightening

Why would Sony shut the online services off in a year? I'll be suprised if XBOX 3, I am not calling it 720, is announced this year and comes out next year. Really, why would Sony shut the online services off when the PS3 will still be around when the Xbox 3 drops?

Nice trying to change the subject,360 Games are F-U-T-U-R-E--P-R-O-O-F

Why the heck would MS release the 720 so soon,there STILL beating PS3 in HW sales,PS3 is dead last this gen,also dedicated servers = losing money,thats another reason why Sony is losing money on the PS3.

ocnkng said:
yo_john117 said:
ocnkng said:
Garnett said:
ocnkng said:
Garnett said:

Wow...enlightening

I never played Halo3 on live but I faced lots of lag when playing RainBow 6: Vegas online. Also when I tried to go online with Gears 2 I had to wait in the lobby for 5 mins waiting for people to join. Its not that same experience in PSN where you can start playing with 15 - 30 players within a few seconds in games like R2, COD:WaW and KZ2. Oh and with that many people playing together still very few instances of lag.

I think it really depends on which game you play, halo doesn't lag often, games like battlefield bad company don't lag, COD, doesn't really either.  And gears 2, what little amount of online i played, i had to wait at the most a minute or 2 for people to join.