Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Majora's Mask tomorrow on PAL VC

Yes, Hell yes.

Everyone buy this!

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Khuutra said:
Yes, Hell yes.

Everyone buy this!

I'll stick with my Zelda Collector's Edition disc, thank you. The random freeze ups can be a pain (occur on average once per playthrough), but the game is in 60 Hz. I am not going to buy a 50 Hz emulation of Majora's Mask, especially because my Nintendo 64 is still hooked up on which I can play the exact same game.

You already own it so you are excused, but I would hope that if you did not own a copy then you would consider picking it up.

Only one game (and one I already have)

Still, good news for people who never played it

Heh, I'll get it. It's been far too long since I replayed this game, and I'm pretty sure my N64 controllers are broken...

Yeah, it's a pitty about the 50hz thing... but that's the way I remember it.

RolStoppable said:
Khuutra said:
Yes, Hell yes.

Everyone buy this!

I'll stick with my Zelda Collector's Edition disc, thank you. The random freeze ups can be a pain (occur on average once per playthrough), but the game is in 60 Hz. I am not going to buy a 50 Hz emulation of Majora's Mask, especially because my Nintendo 64 is still hooked up on which I can play the exact same game.

If you set your Wii on 60Hz, then VC games run at 60Hz too. At least, on my PAL Wii that is the case.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Chrizum said:
RolStoppable said:

If you set your Wii on 60Hz, then VC games run at 60Hz too. At least, on my PAL Wii that is the case.

I don't believe it.

My Wii is set to 60 Hz and 480p, but VC games don't run in 60 Hz except for those which were never released over here (all TG16 games and stuff like Super Mario RPG and Sin & Punishment).

You are lying.

Hmm. I'm sure Sin & Punishment runs @ 60Hz, but indeed, that's a game that was never released here.

I'll go test some games now.

Woah, nice. I always thought MM looked better than Ocarina (not wanting to be controversial), when I got into Nintendo (with the Wii) I looked at the back catalog and the dark, moody strangeness of MM always looked awesome to me (especially as Twilight Princess is the first Zelda I played). I've been looking forward to this coming!

Thing is though, can I justify buying it when I have VC OOT far from being completed, as well as SMB3, SMW and SM64 all in similar states (although I have beat that on DS...). Hmmm.

My Blog, Please Have A Read:

http://Proseandconsoles.blogspot.com

Wiped said:
Woah, nice. I always thought MM looked better than Ocarina (not wanting to be controversial), when I got into Nintendo (with the Wii) I looked at the back catalog and the dark, moody strangeness of MM always looked awesome to me (especially as Twilight Princess is the first Zelda I played). I've been looking forward to this coming!

Thing is though, can I justify buying it when I have VC OOT far from being completed, as well as SMB3, SMW and SM64 all in similar states (although I have beat that on DS...). Hmmm.

You could always sit down and play Ocarina of Time, then pick up Majora's Mask. It would be well worth it!

Man, I wish I could experience these games for the first time again. You are in for a treat.

I don't think my Phantasy Star 4 runs normal speed even if I set the Wii on 60Hz. The game is still slower than on Sega Genesis Collection for PSP.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Khuutra said:
Wiped said:

You could always sit down and play Ocarina of Time, then pick up Majora's Mask. It would be well worth it!

Man, I wish I could experience these games for the first time again. You are in for a treat.

If only :(

Pacman taught people to run around in dark rooms munching on pills while listening to repettive techno music and for that I somewhat idolise him.