By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How is Sony Doing This?(game announcement, after game announcement)

Okay guys,If you have paid any attention, you noticed that PS3 and PSP are getting game announcment left and right in the past month or so.

But sony is in trouble financially.How can they do this?

I thought MS said the 3rd party support for PS3 will be dead this year.

Has the merger helepedd them to save money and they are using the saved money on new games?

what is going on?

In any case Sony is on fire with game annoucements for PSP and PS3.

Around the Network

I know why, the answer is in both mine and your sigs

Sony FTW!

you said it man.:P

but seriously.Wehere are they getting all this money from?

are they offering a big incentive to devs?

Actually, Sony's financial report has been lies all this time. They keep the profit secret to evade tax, and use it to pay 3rd parties instead.

Can this count as my April's fool joke?

Around the Network

I'm wondering too, it's getting suspicious, maybe they've been making profits for years now and not telling us about it :D

The PS3 has crossed the 20m mark. Games get bigger year after year. The 360 went with DVD which is approaching it's limits. Since the PS3 has a userbase of well over 20million 3rd party developers can stretch their imaginations and keep on creating bigger and bigger games without having to worry about not making enough sales. When the PS3 only had 10million 3rd party developers would be taking a risk making a PS3 exclusive.  There is little reason for the 3rd party developers to constrict their creations to the limits of DVD, as opposed to Bluray. The next 5-6 years will be great for the PS3. IMO.

Sony is really stepping it up this year. they arent going to end up in desperation mode and just keep slashing the price on the ps3, they are just going to bring out great games and when the time is right, then cut the price.

OP I think this might have much to do with the fact that Sony has so many excellent first and second party software developers. Arguably the best grouping of such in the entire market. At this stage in this generations life cycle it is logical that many superior projects come to fruition.

Just because Sony isn't at the top of the world financially right now doesn't mean they have nothing left.