By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo denies Metroid Dread

It's really strange they would put references to it in MP3 if it's not in development.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=171525

Nintendo denies Metroid Dread
-

"Nintendo and Retro Studio are messing with your minds, as Nintendo tells CVG it's not developing a 2D Metroid game, despite hints in the latest Wii game, Metroid Prime 3.

Rumours of a 2D Metroid for DS, entitled Metroid Dread, ran rife at E3 2005 with the game supposedly turning up on a leaked release list, and later turning up on 'insider' blogs.

All talk of the game ceased until recently when, hidden deep within the Space Pirate-infested depths of MP3, a secret message that can be found using Samus' scan visor hinted: "Experiment status report update: Metroid project 'Dread' is nearing the final stages of completion."

But it's all just a joke it seems. "Nintendo is not making the 2D Metroid at this point in time," Nintendo told CVG.

Bummer. A proper Dual Screen sequel to the legendary Super Metroid would be incredible."

Around the Network

Lies!!!!

LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

"Nintendo is not making the 2D Metroid at this point in time."

Could mean they're making some sort of 3D Metroid though.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:

I'm with BenKenobi88 here.  They just may be playing with words.  Where in that statement do they deny Metroid Dread?

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Maybe it's a 3d Metroid on the DS? =P

Around the Network

That's not a denial.

That's a confirmation!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:

It could mean the 2D version is already completed.  The statement would still be true =P

Honestly I think they are being straightforward.  I suspect we won't see a new metroid until at least late '08 and probably more likely to be late '09. 

To Each Man, Responsibility

late '08 hah!

We've been lucky to receive so many Metroid games the past few years. A gap until '09 or even '10 is not unlikely...although obviously Metroid is catching on and they should make another game...the sooner the better I'd say.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

I said "at least" =P Like the earliest possible.

To Each Man, Responsibility