By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - First Jak and Daxter PSP screens!

I WANT IT ON THE PS3 but still good to hear.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network

It has to be said, Sony are stepping it up this year........year of the Playstation family indeed. This being on PS2 shows that Sony want the $99 console to sell very well, PSP is just getting done from all directions. :/

Motorstorm and Jak & Daxter to PS2. Sony not giving that up yet...

The_God_of_War said:
PSP has been getting so many new game announcements recently. Still, I think it's odd how this isn't a PS3 title instead.

Why is that? Naughty Dog is busy with Uncharted and High Impact Games have only developed PSP games so far.

Seihyouken said:
The_God_of_War said:
PSP has been getting so many new game announcements recently. Still, I think it's odd how this isn't a PS3 title instead.

Why is that? Naughty Dog is busy with Uncharted and High Impact Games have only developed PSP games so far.

I'd think most people would prefer the next J & D to be on the PS3 instead. Maybe it's something ND could do once Uncharted 2 is finished. I'm not complaining though, this shows that Sony are making good on their promise to revitalize the PSP.

Around the Network

LMAO at people on GAF and IGN screaming this is fake...

Sony announces new Jak and Daxter for PSP and PS2

Don't worry, this isn't an April Fools. Sony has just sent us a press release announcing a new Jak and Daxter game for the PSP and PS2. The game, titled Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier, will be out this Autumn and will pick up "from where the original Jak and Daxter trilogy left off."

You'll be exploring the eponymous Lost Frontier as you help Kiera on her "quest to become a Sage and save the world from the threat of darkness." Emphasis is being placed on "sky-high adventure" as you take "flight in one of five different aircrafts" and "blast airborne enemies and battle skypirates with your powerful Gunstaff" -- a new transforming weapon.

The game is being developed by High Impact Games -- the developers of Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters. We're glad to see Daxter's name back up there in the title. Hopefully it more resembles the colourful fantasy world of Jak and Daxter 1 than the depressing GTA-esque Jak 2.

[Update] Just in case you're still scared that this is an April Fools joke, here's a quote direct from Sony: "Nope - not an April Fools." See?

Holy shit psp is owning so far thinking about buying one.

Nice. I'm wonder if I should get it for PSP or PS2...

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
Nice. I'm wonder if I should get it for PSP or PS2...

Wait for the reviews, that's what I plan to do. But either way, it's win. The only problem could be the fact High Impact never worked on PS2 before...

OMFG OMFG OMFG!!!! THIS BETTER NOT BE A JOKE!!!!!!!!