By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII on X360 crippled? Not likely

http://gamer.blorge.com/2009/04/01/xbox-360-version-of-final-fantasy-xiii-crippled-not-likely/

Around the Network

The producer of Final Fantasy XIII recently stated that the game will utilize almost 100% of the power of the PS3. This statement has gotten a few sites questioning the quality of the Xbox 360 version. Most likely it won’t be the quality that suffers but the convenience factor.

According to Kotaku, Yoshinori Kitase stated in a recent interview for Dengeki Playstation 3, that Final Fantasy XIII will utilize almost 100% of the power of the PS3. He also claimed that the demo will utilize 50% of the PS3’s power. The Final Fantasy XIII demo will be hitting Japan in April. The demo will be out in the States sometime in June.

Some of the sites such as 1UP and The Escapist have questioned if the Xbox 360 version will suffer in quality. I have to say it sounds a bit like hype. How can the demo use 50% of the PS3’s power while the full version uses 100%? Does that even make sense from a technical standpoint? It sounds like there may be some mistranslation there regarding the power of the PS3 versus disc space utilization.

I am betting that the main difference will be mostly related to disc swapping. The biggest clue was when Kitase made it a point to indicate that the PS3 version of the game won’t be hampered by disc swapping issues due to the Blu-ray player. Since the mediocre Blue Dragon game used three DVD discs it does make one wonder how many discs Final Fantasy XIII will be on.

The game will hit Japan exclusively on the PS3 this year. Gamers overseas will have to wait to get their hands on this title April of next year courtesy of Microsoft and Square Enix. However, one thing is for sure, regardless of which platform you get it on the game will be awesome.

The only possible problems would be that the 360 version will compressed.....

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Maybe when they say its using 100% of PS3 power they mean it uses all 50gb of the Blu-Ray?????

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

i think he meant disc space when he said 100%

Initiating social expirement #928719281

Around the Network

LOL...."FF13 to use 100% of ps3's disc space"

maybe the graphics will be improved and polished even further

25gig for the demo is not likely

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

what that means is that demo wont be final build, final game will look better.

the source is talking crap he has no evidence. 360 port will be good port depending on how many dvd`s are used. if its 4 - 5 then i feel it will be ok although not as good as ps3 game.

but either way you look at it the games gameplay wise will be the same.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

FFXIII will be to the 360 what Fallout 3 was to the PS3 on a technical level

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

The 100% power used statement is BS. It doesn't mean a thing. So getting an analysis out of it... good luck with that.

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts