By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Are you pro-choice or pro-life?

@Xtast- unexceptable answer, YOU MAKE, YOU TAKE CARE OF IT!!!!( unless your a doner)

Around the Network

@ Xxain .... why? if I found out I was adopted I couldn't care less, I know who my parents are, and they would be the people who brought me up. and I wouldn't be angry at my biological parents as I am happy.

Thatmax said:
@ Xxain .... why? if I found out I was adopted I couldn't care less, I know who my parents are, and they would be the people who brought me up. and I wouldn't be angry at my biological parents as I am happy.

What does that teach???.....have unprotected sex, get pregnant, get rid of it, repeat???

SciFiBoy said:
mrstickball said:

I don't think the pro-life movement is all about taking responsibility by raising the child. It's about taking responsibility for creating a life. There's a huge difference there. The former causes problems for the parent and the child. The later only murders the child due to inconvience.

Of course, I'm one of those wacky pro-lifers that thinks that adoptions are a great compromise. If your arguing that parents shouldn't raise a child if they're irresponsible, that's a fine belief to have. But it's a totally different issue when the way to rid the parent of the child is by ripping it out of her body by slicing it up, poisoning it, or other brutal means.

abortion isnt murder, a fetus is not alive until its seperate from the mother, so its not alive and therefore killing it is not murder imo. if a women wants an abortion, thats part of her right to control her own body.

What about partial birth abortion to where they deliver the child, then kill it?

What exactly defines 'life'? When it's physically separated from it's mother, and that's it? What about babies that are premature that require heavy intervention to live? Are they not alive?

A child still requires sustinence from it's mother well after it's born. Are we only placing humanity on a simple change of address?

It seems that our society places life on someone only when it's convinent. If a woman doesn't want a child, it's only a useless fetus that can be ripped to shreds on a whim. If she wants it, than every precaution is taken to ensure a safe delivery. Far be it from us to place such a value at a whim!

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Xxain said:
Thatmax said:

What does that teach???.....have unprotected sex, get pregnant, get rid of it, repeat???

Its REALLY not that simple, you realise there is a whole 9 months of suffering on the mothers part, and then "the most painful experience of your life" to cap it off. I'm sure they won't be eager to step up for round 2.

Around the Network

^ You'd be surprised!!!

Thatmax said:
Xxain said:
Thatmax said:

Its REALLY not that simple, you realise there is a whole 9 months of suffering on the mothers part, and then "the most painful experience of your life" to cap it off. I'm sure they won't be eager to step up for round 2.

Have you ever been pregnant, suffering? Really? Come on now.

My daughter is my world.

mrstickball said:
SciFiBoy said:
mrstickball said:

I don't think the pro-life movement is all about taking responsibility by raising the child. It's about taking responsibility for creating a life. There's a huge difference there. The former causes problems for the parent and the child. The later only murders the child due to inconvience.

Of course, I'm one of those wacky pro-lifers that thinks that adoptions are a great compromise. If your arguing that parents shouldn't raise a child if they're irresponsible, that's a fine belief to have. But it's a totally different issue when the way to rid the parent of the child is by ripping it out of her body by slicing it up, poisoning it, or other brutal means.

abortion isnt murder, a fetus is not alive until its seperate from the mother, so its not alive and therefore killing it is not murder imo. if a women wants an abortion, thats part of her right to control her own body.

What about partial birth abortion to where they deliver the child, then kill it?

What exactly defines 'life'? When it's physically separated from it's mother, and that's it? What about babies that are premature that require heavy intervention to live? Are they not alive?

A child still requires sustinence from it's mother well after it's born. Are we only placing humanity on a simple change of address?

It seems that our society places life on someone only when it's convinent. If a woman doesn't want a child, it's only a useless fetus that can be ripped to shreds on a whim. If she wants it, than every precaution is taken to ensure a safe delivery. Far be it from us to place such a value at a whim!

I'd personally put my personal definition of it changing from just being a fetus to it actually being human at some point slightly after brainwaves start to develop - before then I believe that if it has no ability to think it cannot be a human. Same way a brain dead person is to me not alive.

As for what 'defines' life, there is no universal answer. You don't assume your one is the only correct one and I won't assume my one is.

Pro-Life.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

xtastemyvenom said:
Thatmax said:
Xxain said:
Thatmax said:

Have you ever been pregnant, suffering? Really? Come on now.

as a matter of fact!... well no not really, and i suppose 9 months is an exaggeration but I have heard so many horrible stories about the last few months of pregnancy.

But have you been pregnant???