By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Molyneux: X-box Live More important Than Wii!!

famousringo said:
This kind of takes me back to the 90s.

"The internet is going to change EVERYTHING!"

wait... it hasn't?

You Spoony Bard!

Around the Network

i was playing online with my dreamcast in 1999 for FREE with many of the games, it's not that revolutionary. Other systems had this kind of thing like the saturn and SNES but it just didn't catch on, it was too early.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

...or pc gaming for f'ing longer than any console.

rage4dorder said:
famousringo said:
This kind of takes me back to the 90s.

"The internet is going to change EVERYTHING!"

wait... it hasn't?

Not actually everything, no, but the real point is that that was 15 years ago. 

Welcome to the 21st century Molyneux.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Sqrl said:
rasone77 said:
routsounmanman said:
What did you expect? Microsoft now owns Lionhead.

Not much more than that actually. Anyone who follows video games should be used to Molyneux spewing B.S. every interview.

QFT, I seriously had to wince when I saw his name listed in the title of the thread.  I'm not even sure why I opened the topic ......god why the hell am I responding to the topic?

Because it made you laugh? There's really not much what you can say about the topic. Considering all the facts, it's no wonder he said so.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

The wii's controller is revolutionary, but so is xbox live. Stof mentioned the Dreamcast's online capabilties, but the system wasn't nearly as well evolved as xbox live. To say that the xbox live revolution is not significant to gaming is silly. The online capabilities of the Xbox 360 (lol, even the first xbox) still far exceed the capabilities of the PS3 or the Wii. Certainly the Wii is making a significant step for console gaming, but just like online, Nintendo was not the first company to envision motion-controlled gaming. I think Molyneux is wrong to say that xbox live is a bigger revolution that the Wii's motion control, however they are both extremely significant and receiving high adoption rates accordingly (even though xbox live costs money).

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS