By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So I'm trying to woo an exotic dancer into a serious relationship

My argument is that some dancers are normal human beings who happen to dance. In the same way that some customers are normal human beings who happen to like dancing.

In theory the fact that two people who are otherwise perhaps perfect for each other (hypothetically. I'm not saying we are) meet each other in that situation shouldn't be a complete obstacle to a serious relationship. A hurdle perhaps, but only if they let it be so.

Around the Network

hmmm but its work. You kinda separate anything that happens at work from your life outside of work.

I guess that is what I mean. But I'm not trying to shoot down your hopes or anything - I'm just a negative nancy.

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan

I appreciate your point. Maybe some people have a don't date people in the work sphere attitude. Heck she might have a BF already.

The point of the thread was to get opinions, so don't worry about being a negative nancy or a positive Artemis. (the latter expression hasn't caught on quite as much yet, but I'm hearing it) ;)

Do you really like her? By that, I actually mean her....the person....not the dances.

Based on what you said about your work hours, it almost sounds like it's been a while since you've had an opportunity like this and now that the chance is there, you're thinking about taking the risk.

I'm not sure where you work, but 10-12 hours a day seriously sounds like way too much - almost inhuman. If you have enough cash to spend for some dances and can't even date traditionally, you probably should think about how your work is affecting your love life. It could have a much more negative impact than you think. It's natural for everyone to wanna have that special someone in their life, but if you're unable to do so because of time issues, it could probably eventually put some stress on you. I think I partially understand why you visit this girl often.

Then again, I don't know you so I don't wanna comment too much or make any assumptions.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHS1AkLpZAs

Any excuse to link to a Pablo Francisco skit! It's not relevant to this conversation until about 1:45 or so.

In all seriousness though, I do think you need to interact in a situation where you're not giving her hundreds of dollars. That way you'll be able to tell if it's really you that she likes, and not just your money ;) Good luck, tell us how it turns out!

Around the Network
Broncos724 said:

Any excuse to link to a Pablo Francisco skit! It's not relevant to this conversation until about 1:45 or so.

In all seriousness though, I do think you need to interact in a situation where you're not giving her hundreds of dollars. That way you'll be able to tell if it's really you that she likes, and not just your money ;) Good luck, tell us how it turns out!

haha. I linked to it already!

edit; oops my link was bad.

jv103 said:
Broncos724 said:

haha. I linked to it already!

edit; oops my link was bad.

Great minds think alike! :D

Hmmmm, while i have never tried, a buddy of mine dated a stripper for a couple of months, so I can offer some insight into his situation.  It may apply to your situtation, it may not.

1. She made a lot of money, and expected him to pay for her expensive tastes when they were together.  But she was also terrible with her money, almost no savings... go figure.

2.  She liked to party, drug problem included.  This excluded her from dating alot of guys, as they would get jealous if she was out patying all night.

3.  She didn't really want a boyfriend.  This became pretty evident to me after hangin out with them a couple times.  She would constantly be on her phone, ditching my buddy for her other friends, and so on.  It took him a lot longer to notice.  I think having a boyfriend meant having less freedom, which she didn't like.

In your situation I think you have to be expecting to either accept her lifestyle, or get her to change it, which she will probably be reluctant to do.  After all, the money is really good. 

Obviously you will have a better idea if you really want to date her once you get to know her a little better. 

Good luck man!

@epoch
She's not a junkie. That is for sure at least not on the job, which is where they would need drugs most. She did say she smokes pot sometimes to mellow out.

@parasilic
Yeah, I'm certain it's the total person I'm into. The dances are bug a pretence for me. I'm a lawyer so that explains the long hours. Really, her and the club are my only sure fire way to have a trouble free guaranteed relaxing time.

I'll keep this thread going if she calls or when I go back.

I had a friend that dated a stripper for a bit.
Long story short, big mistake. She'll take you for your money.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire