By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - modern warafe 2 confirmed for ps3, xbox 360 and pc! only, no wii version!!!

Squilliam said:
Demotruk said:
Staude said:
for peopel thinking activision should just get someone else to do the wii version. I think infinity ward cut off the "Call of duty" because they wanted to have something that only they made. IE their product that with each version shows off their vision.

Since when do developers call the shots regarding Activision's I.P.'s?

The COD franchise will wither and die like the MOH franchise if Infinity Ward as a whole decide to up and leave.

no, the  moh seeries died, because cod came out.

the only way cod will die is if something better comes out.

Around the Network

Activision owns them and the I.P.

I doubt Infinity Ward is about to up and go indy in the middle of a recession when they work for probably the safest owner/publisher aside from Nintendo.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Not every dev should go multiplat with all their games. And yes the franchise is big enough. They could care less about a "new" platform. Same goes for GTA, Assassins Creed, Elder Scrolls + multiple other games last gen.

Nobody cried when CoD4 was released on the DS but not on the PSP.....

This isn't confirmation, stop making stuff up.

Staude said:
Demotruk said:
Staude said:
for peopel thinking activision should just get someone else to do the wii version. I think infinity ward cut off the "Call of duty" because they wanted to have something that only they made. IE their product that with each version shows off their vision.

Since when do developers call the shots regarding Activision's I.P.'s?

these are some of the best developers activision has. They create extreme amounts of money for activision... Activision really want to make sure these guys don't have a reason to even concider quitting.

You think they would go indy in the middle of a recession because their publishers.... got another company to share assets and make a Wii version. You must have little respect for their professionalism.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Around the Network

This is stupid because companies often label something as PS3/360/PC even though the Wii/PS2 version is already confirmed.

GT are full of shit, see Kneightly's BIG GDC News last week for eg.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.