By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - modern warafe 2 confirmed for ps3, xbox 360 and pc! only, no wii version!!!

Come on people, is a good video card (like Radeon HD 4830) or a X360 arcade that expensive?

Around the Network
theRepublic said:
If so, that's a big mistake for Activision Blizzard.

na, I like the Wii and all but looking from their point of view, it's not really a surprise nor is it a bad thing considering how much inferior the CoD4 engine looks on Wii, had they made a new engine completely for Wii, it'd be a different story but it'd be more work so it's not exactly a bad decision at all.

haxxiy said:
Come on people, is a good video card (like Radeon HD 4830) or a X360 arcade that expensive?

You're clearly not a poor high school/college student.

darthdevidem01 said:
@theRepublic

why?

Erm...missing out on potentially many millions of dollars? World at War did one million easily and it has already made a big profit. There's no reason not to make a Wii version of this game, and not doing so is just wasting money.

more importantly could this be a sign of the wii fade being true just happening later than most thought

Play Me

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@theRepublic

why?

Erm...missing out on potentially many millions of dollars? World at War did one million easily and it has already made a big profit. There's no reason not to make a Wii version of this game, and not doing so is just wasting money.

They might do a port later but it's just not going to be those guys, Wii owners would just get a crappier looking version with missing features like WaW and I'd rather them not make it if that's the case again despite how well it's selling.

darthdevidem01 said:
@theRepublic

why?

World at War obviously made a profit on the Wii, and grew the Call of Duty brand for Wii owners.  Why not make more profit and continue to grow the brand with what is the biggest audience this generation?  This move will only hurt the Call of Duty brand in the eyes of Wii owners.  Look at Call of Duty 3, it sold better on the Wii than on the PS3.  Not releasing Call of Duty 4 hurt the sales of World at War on the Wii.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

dahuman said:
MontanaHatchet said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@theRepublic

why?

They might do a port later but it's just not going to be those guys, Wii owners would just get a crappier looking version with missing features like WaW and I'd rather them not make it if that's the case again despite how well it's selling.

Okay, but that has nothing to do with ActivisionBlizzard (or whatever they're called now). Maybe gamers will be hurt by missing features in the Wii version, or so you claim, but that has nothing to do with the developer. AB can only stand to gain by releasing the game on thew Wii.

BHR-3 said:
more importantly could this be a sign of the wii fade being true just happening later than most thought

no, Wii is doing fine, better than fine, FPS is not a be it all or nothing genre, this doesn't mean anything.

What exactly are you linking to toastboy!? That sent us to the Game Trailers main page. GT always mislabels games (i.e. leaves the Wii version out of the tags for games on all three platforms). I wouldn't take this as a confirmation of anything.