By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you keep a game after you finish it or do you get rid of it?

As the subject describes above. I'm trying to keep the games I enjoyed and like. But for some reason I can't go back to them even after a year or so. It's like I don't want to play them anymore after I beat it for the first time.

Does anyone keep their games or get rid of them after you went through the game once?

Around the Network

keep it forever.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Keep it, but I replay a lot of my games.

I always keep my games. The only one I ever traded was Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

I have traded in a few games, but for some reason I'm looking at my gaming collection and it looks clutter. I feel like I'm buying games because they are cheap rather than buying really reasonable games. Top-tier games like Okami, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario. Those titles I want to keep in my collection.

Maybe I just hate having a clutter gaming collection and like to have a selective few titles that are valuable and worth keeping.

Around the Network

Keep. For me, it seems you can get totally ripped off by GameStop, or go through the effort of Ebay (not that much effort, but in some respects, i'm a very lazy guy), or keep it, and ultimately i'll do the latter, unless i find the game thoroughly disagreeable. Only ever resold 1 game because i didn't like it, and that was more a case of impatience (it was Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, and i felt the game started too slow, so i never gave it a chance to impress)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I sell them immediately and hopefully get most of my money back.
I have many completed game save files on my Wii and old Gamecube memory cards so can always but them again for a few £s.

xlost7 said:
I have traded in a few games, but for some reason I'm looking at my gaming collection and it looks clutter. I feel like I'm buying games because they are cheap rather than buying really reasonable games. Top-tier games like Okami, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario. Those titles I want to keep in my collection.

Maybe I just hate having a clutter gaming collection and like to have a selective few titles that are valuable and worth keeping.

I always stored the game boxes in a big box and only had the carts/CD/DVD/Blur-ray discs in a case. It saves a lot of space in your gaming room.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

@nordlead

I like your idea, maybe that's what I need to do then. I mean I like the idea of having a huge library of games but it's probably the ideal thing that I see all these game box arts and feel like I am over doing my gaming collection with pointless games and even games I beat I feel like I don't want them. idk? lol

But your a gaming collection "whore" should I say? lol jk (btw)

Return it. Whats the point keeping games you don't play?

I got a sick return price on CoD4. I beat it, played the online for 22 days, then returned it for $37 store credit.