By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
kowenicki said:
the sata dock supplies power to the drive and connects by usb to the PC/LAPTOP... then i presume it will appear as an available drive and you can just copy its contents to your laptop or pc

seriously? I wish I knew about this when my ps3 broke. The question though is: will the ps3 be able to recover from a back up created by a PC as opposed to encrypted by the xmb or at the very least, will save files be easily distinguishable from the rest of the clutter?

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Why does this only happen on 60gigs? And why cant you just take HDD out before sending it back to sony... then you saves are still there...

It doesnt! it happened on mine and mine was a 40GB from xmas '07!

PS3 Trophies

DS: 120,000,000; Wii: 60,000,000; Xbox 360: 38,000,000; PlayStation 3: 34,000,000; PlayStation Portable: 60,000,000

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Pristine20 said:
kowenicki said:
the sata dock supplies power to the drive and connects by usb to the PC/LAPTOP... then i presume it will appear as an available drive and you can just copy its contents to your laptop or pc

seriously? I wish I knew about this when my ps3 broke. The question though is: will the ps3 be able to recover from a back up created by a PC as opposed to encrypted by the xmb or at the very least, will save files be easily distinguishable from the rest of the clutter?

So all I do is take the PS3 HD out just like it is put it in the toaster XD XD , connect it with usb to the PC and start copying mai files? My dad has one and he is kinda smart and i belive we did try something like this although it didnt find the drive because PS3 has some weird format or something...

Are you just guessing or do you really think this will work? Because if i take it out and it wont work then i cant put it back (Since it will ask to reformat lol).

Shit. I wonder how long me and my 60GB have left

^ couple months

Around the Network

If you got YLOD ( yellow light of death ) that means hardware failure. If you got red flashy light going on that means your PS3 is overheated and needs to bu turned off for 2 hours. Just read the manual ( page 13 i am not sure )

Aldro said:
Pristine20 said:
kowenicki said:

So all I do is take the PS3 HD out just like it is put it in the toaster XD XD , connect it with usb to the PC and start copying mai files? My dad has one and he is kinda smart and i belive we did try something like this although it didnt find the drive because PS3 has some weird format or something...

Are you just guessing or do you really think this will work? Because if i take it out and it wont work then i cant put it back (Since it will ask to reformat lol).

you can try it with a laptop hdd first. I haven't tried it either so I don't know. It seems like it should work though. However, the points I raised above will still haunt you

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Leonidus said:
Shit. I wonder how long me and my 60GB have left

better back up now lol. i just bought a WD passport 500gb hdd to back up my second 60gb. It's been 8 months and I'm seriously paranoid now

@ Xxain

Was there any need to hurt my feelings

^ just preparing you, BACK UP ALL YOUR DATA @Leonidus