By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Most Memorable SNES RPG

Tales of Phantasia.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Around the Network

ok a lot of people will disagree, but i liked shadowrun the best

just the conversations, and the little pics of who you werre talking to were so eerie and wierd. like the poepl telling you to burn computers and buildings. i just loved it cus it was so different than everything else at the time.

2nd is chrono trigger, than ff2, but first for me, cus of how different it was, was shadowrun

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

Super Mario RPG: Legend Of The Seven Stars

It's toss up between Final Fantasy IV, which was my first JRPG, and Earthbound.

#1 FFVI
#2 Secret of Mana (well kinda action)
#3 Chrono Trigger
#4 Super Mario RPG (very fun)
#5 FFIV
#6 Earthbound
#7 Breath of Fire II (for some reason I love this series...)

yeah that's pretty much my all times RPG list too...i'm a nostalgic. I need to play the Dragon Quests... especially since they are sitting in their wrapper...

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network
Pyramid Head said:
ok a lot of people will disagree, but i liked shadowrun the best

just the conversations, and the little pics of who you werre talking to were so eerie and wierd. like the poepl telling you to burn computers and buildings. i just loved it cus it was so different than everything else at the time.

2nd is chrono trigger, than ff2, but first for me, cus of how different it was, was shadowrun

There are quite a few good RPGs on the SNES.  Like most people have already said, Chrono Trigger and FF6 were both great.  I personally enjoyed the big titles that everyone knows like Super Mario RPG, FF4, Breath of Fire, and Mother 2 (Earthbound); however, I also enjoyed more of the lesser known games like Estoplois I and II (Lufia I and II), Illusion of Gaia, and Shadowrun. 

I really thought that Shadowrun was a really innovative game as well, as it really strayed from the norm, at least in my opinion.  Basically the dystopian feel of the game really set the tone of the game.  Probably the best thing about the game is when you and your mercs go and pretty much blast everyone on the streets.  Great story by the way, and anyone that still plays the SNES and is interested should definietly check it out.

FFVI é the best SNES RPG.

FFVI remake HD now!!!

I've only played one, but Super Mario RPG would be my choice anyway.

Mario RPG? Square making it? Reminder that Nintendo and Square once harmoniously worked together to make great games? That's memorable, I'd say. Plus I loved the humour.

# of games above 75 on Metacritic (including downloadable):

360: 241     DS: 144

PS3: 152     PSP: 126

Wii: 85

chrono trigger

Long Live SHIO!

Final Fantasy IV

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."