By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Most Memorable SNES RPG

FFIV with FFVI and Secret of Mana coming slightly behind.

Around the Network

Final Fantasy 6, closely followed by Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana.

FF6 had the greatest villain in any FF game, Kefka wasn't only pure evil, he was batshit insane, he had no idea what he was doing, and he completely destroyed the world so he could rule over the chaos. He had no dream of a new better world, he didn't even care that the world was his, he just wanted the world to match the inside of his head. It was great.

Chrono Trigger was great as well. I had started to forget about the game after a few years when Chrono Cross came out and tied itself in to CT. Needles to say as soon as I finished CC I was plugging my SNES into the TV and running through CT one more time.

Secret of Mana was a great action/RPG with a great score and an interesting story, considering it was one of the first for the SNES it hold up very well to this day, I recently played through it on my Wii and remember everything from when I forst played through it. Great game.

lol...damn g-value...do you play anything besides rpgs?

I haven't played too many rpgs during the snes era. The most memorable one is without a doubt FF Mystic Quest.

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

shinyuhadouken said:

I haven't played too many rpgs during the snes era. The most memorable one is without a doubt FF Mystic Quest.

Of course. I play games like Devil May Cry, Fight Night, Grand theft Auto, Madden and many more non-rpg games.

g-value said:
shinyuhadouken said:

Of course. I play games like Devil May Cry, Fight Night, Grand theft Auto, Madden and many more non-rpg games.

Another RPG gamer who plays Madden and Fight Night FTW, we're a rare breed.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Around the Network

The question was "most memorable", so there's really no choice.

FFVI, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, and Earthbound are all incredibly fantastic games.

But there is just no way they can match Square in top form AND Nintendo in the ultimate blending of awesomesauce.

I mean, seriously. SQUARE plus NINTENDO equals NO CONTEST.

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

A lot to choose from, but Super Mario RPG has to be the best.

Secret of Mana, plain and simple. Seiken Densetsu 3 is also one of my faves. I never got a chance to play Super Mario RPG or Chrono Trigger on the SNES thanks to London and its "great" taste in games :(

Luckily, SMRPG is on VC, and Chrono Trigger is now on the DS! S-E, where is my DS remake of SD3 ;)

How technical is your game?

played ff 4, chrono trigger and breathe of fire. chrono trigger impressed the hell out of me. wow what a game still waiting for a 5 and 6 remake for the dsi hopefully.

Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI.