By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Most Memorable PS2 RPG

FFX,Kingdom hearts

Around the Network

Xenosaga. With a complex story made for adult gamers :)

gergroy said:
naznatips said:
zexen_lowe said:
naznatips said:

I was trying to explain to him that his scope of RPG experiences was not "all-knowing" and other people who appreciated a different style might enjoy DQVIII, despite his very absolute statement that DQVIII was awful. So yes, I'm trying to show that he has parts of the RPG genre he's ignorant of, just as you do.

People who haven't played a single RPG before the SNES generation probably shouldn't be presenting their opinions of the genre as gospel. I understand some people don't enjoy DQ games. I'm saying don't use that as an excuse to attack the game just because you don't understand it or enjoy that style.

*ehem* Final Fantasy XII *ehem*

I absolutely recognize FFXII can be a good game for some people. I hate on it as a personal experience, not as a quality of game. Objectively: It's one of the best looking PS2 games, fixed random battles in FF games finally, is full of content, and very large.

I hated the plot and characters, and I thought it was too easy, but that doesn't mean I don't recognize it as viewable as a good game.

ShadowSoldier, I think you are mistaking the definition of ignorance. It just means you lack knowledge or experience in a certain area. I'm ignorant of quite a lot of things. Admittedly, not a whole lot in gaming, but I'm ignorant of the fighting genre at least.

I don't understand, are you saying you are an expert of the RPG genre then, or at least the classic RPG genre?  As you admitted to never playing a suikoden game, which is a huge RPG series, so I think that disqualifies you as an expert.  Another thing I don't understand is you say that DQVIII is great because it sticks to the classic formula of a throwaway plot, but hate FFXII because it has a dumb plot... That is kind of inconsistent.  I have been playing RPG's since the orignial FF and dragon warrior days, and I have to say the classic formula is dead, and good riddance.  That is my opinion of course, but I would have to say you can't really be calling people ignorant for not liking outdated gameplay. 

What? Because he hasn't played a decent RPG series in Suikoden, he isn't qualified? Why not? You can still be a fighting game expert if you don't play Fist of the North Star.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

There needs to be more Disgaea: Hour of Darkness in this thread

Final Fantasy X

Around the Network

Persona 3. I never seen anything like this before, and the game has some catchy tunes.

Runner-ups: SMT: Nocturne (best SMT game, imo) and Final Fantasy XII.