By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Most Memorable PS2 RPG

Final Fantasy X without question.

Around the Network

For me it is a tie between Suikoden 5 and Star Ocean 3

Systems I own (Games)

Sega: Dreamcast (40) , Saturn (25), Genesis (50), Masters System (10), Game Gear (20)

Sony: PS1 (8), PS2 (60) , PS3 (5), PSP (12)

Atari: 2600 (18) , 7800 (10), Lynx (10)

In no particular order (because it's hard to pick between this 5)

Persona 4
Kingdom Hearts
Final Fantasy X
Dragon Quest VIII
Dark Cloud 2

Epoch said:

Most memorable? I would have to say FFXII.  Because it embodied everything I think the FF series should have stayed away from.  From the battle system to the poor story(IMO), it was a let down of the FF series.

In a good way ? FF X lol.

PS: This Dragon Quest VIII... is it good enough to warrant buying today?  I am intrigues as to why I never heard of it before.

No, it's not. Stay the hell out of that game. Worst PS2 game I've played, ever

Final Fantasy X its the best PS2 rpg i ever played

Around the Network
zexen_lowe said:
Epoch said:

Most memorable? I would have to say FFXII.  Because it embodied everything I think the FF series should have stayed away from.  From the battle system to the poor story(IMO), it was a let down of the FF series.

PS: This Dragon Quest VIII... is it good enough to warrant buying today?  I am intrigues as to why I never heard of it before.

It's very hard and not for kids.

naznatips said:
zexen_lowe said:
Epoch said:

I'm not a kid, and I didn't hate it for the difficulty but for the total lack of anything that could be called "story" and "interesting battle system"

zexen_lowe said:
naznatips said:
zexen_lowe said:
Epoch said:

I'm not a kid, and I didn't hate it for the difficulty but for the total lack of anything that could be called "story" and "interesting battle system"

The story is simple, but if that's your opinion of it I doubt you played it past the first town/dungeon.

naznatips said:
zexen_lowe said:
naznatips said:
zexen_lowe said:
Epoch said:

The story is simple, but if that's your opinion of it I doubt you played it past the first town/dungeon.

Well, you're wrong. I admit I didn't beat the game (there was a point I couldn't stand it anymore), but I played it a good chunk of time. Far more than what it deserved

zexen_lowe said:
naznatips said:
zexen_lowe said:
naznatips said:
zexen_lowe said:
Epoch said:

Well, you're wrong. I admit I didn't beat the game (there was a point I couldn't stand it anymore), but I played it a good chunk of time. Far more than what it deserved

Some people will never get the classic JRPG style. You started with FFVII didn't you?