By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor - Matsuno and Monolithsoft working on RPG for Wii to take down FF?

They already have a Final Fantasy killer, Zelda.

Around the Network

This thread is confusing the bejebus out of me. Who cares about Mistwalker or whatever? Who cares if someone misunderstood something? It's just happy news that a game is in development. Or being thought out.

Yeah, I finally have a sig.

linkthe2nd said:
This thread is confusing the bejebus out of me. Who cares about Mistwalker or whatever? Who cares if someone misunderstood something? It's just happy news that a game is in development. Or being thought out.

Absolutely, I agree.  It's great news!

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Soriku said:
@omg

Play KH, Tales, or other ARPGs then. Try maybe 1 or 2 turn-based too.

I haven't tried KH. I don't have a PS2 to play it on unfortunately (I didn't buy any consoles last gen). But if KH3 comes out on Wii as you are so sure it will I may give it a shot.

I don't have anything against RPGs that come from Japan, just the random encounters, very little character building, boring and incredibly easy turn based battles, everything is so slow, story is so incredibly corny, etc etc etc. There just doesn't seem to be any gameplay at all. If KH is different then I'm sure I'll enjoy it as I enjoy Zelda.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

omgwtfbbq said:
Soriku said:
@omg

Play KH, Tales, or other ARPGs then. Try maybe 1 or 2 turn-based too.

I haven't tried KH. I don't have a PS2 to play it on unfortunately (I didn't buy any consoles last gen). But if KH3 comes out on Wii as you are so sure it will I may give it a shot.

I don't have anything against RPGs that come from Japan, just the random encounters, very little character building, boring and incredibly easy turn based battles, everything is so slow, story is so incredibly corny, etc etc etc. There just doesn't seem to be any gameplay at all. If KH is different then I'm sure I'll enjoy it as I enjoy Zelda.

What you need are some quality Strategy RPGs.

Around the Network

I thought nintendo alreayd have an RPG of their own; Super Mario RPG????
just make Super Mario RPG 2 out and I"m sure it'll sell shitload more than any single FF series.

if that formula dont work, then just make a RPG with mario character in Pokemon universe!!!! that'll really sell 10+ easily ^^;

So apparantly Matsuno has prepared a preview for this game. Does anyone know if we will get to see it or is it too rough and was only meant for the Nintendo execs? Either way I think anyone would want Matsuno on their team. Anyone who directs 2 games with perfect Famitsu scores has to be a top 10 game designer in my oppinion.

@omg:
FFXII doesnt have random encounters, character growth is on a level system,its not really turnbased but its brought back the time counter thing from the old FF's which i prefer to CTB(FFX) but i prefer FFX has a whole.Story is abit of a quick mash up and its kinda slow apart from that its a good FF but you dont have a PS2 so you wont be able to try it unfortunately.

@Art:
I presume that was sarcasm.

@Topic:
FinalFantasy killer,i can think of 1 that failed not that long ago BlueDragon and the other that is Xbox's FinalFantasy LostOddysey and now this.When one of these supposed killers lasts for 20years and more than 20installments then you can call it a FinalFantasy Killer until then its not even close.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

It wouldn't be hard to kill FF in terms of quality and superiority as an RPG. Killing FF as the sales giant it is would be another matter though.

Sign the Resident_Evil_5_Petition for a Wii release or Dark_Samus is going to come get you.

The only game that has a shot at taking FinalFantasy down from the sales champ(RPG terms) is DragonQuest but that is also owned by S-E so once you take FF down you then have DQ to take down and you can bet your money by that time S-E will be making an FF to take down the thing that took down FF.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)