By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First day sales in Japan (3/26)

DMeisterJ said:
I'd actually compare the first Monster Hunter on each console for an accurate representation.

PSP didn't have a problem shifting a good amount of units of the first MH even though it was the first game on the platform. So MHG Wii should be able to shift a lot of units even though it is the first game of the series on the platform. That's a perfectly valid comparison. I'm probably going to find the installed bases of each of the systems at launch, and first week sales in order to compare all three, but yeah, I'm not waiting to MH3 to compare to MHF and MH on PS2. It makes no sense to compare MH3 when there is nothing to compare it too.

It'd be unfair to compare MH3 to MHF because it'd be the second game on the platform, and userbase may have grown. It's fair to compare MH3 to MHP2 (not 2G) because it's the second on the PSP.

It's going to be nice to see if the crowd translates over to the Wii to play, or if the PSP version sells better. AFAIK the PSP ones aren't pay-to-play online, and they offer ad-hoc play with anyone else who has the game, while the console version doesn't... But we shall see...

You know, you're right. BioShock 2 is going to tank massively, looking at BioShock's sales at the PS3. It seems the 360 is a much better system for the BioShock franchise.

Around the Network
*~Onna76~* said:
Soriku said:
XSEED said they were really interested in bringing over Fragile due to many people commenting, sending them emails, etc. So I guess it's just a matter of time. All tri-Crescendo games have come over (the Baten Kaitos games came over yet sold worse than Fragile!) so there's nothing to worry about... :3

Let's hope so *keeping fingers crossed*.

But... don't you speak Japanese AND own a Japanese Wii?

*baffled*

I'm 100% certain BioShock2 is going to sell much worse on ps3 than 360 proving my point that some games don't sell on other platforms.

routsounmanman said:
*~Onna76~* said:
Soriku said:
XSEED said they were really interested in bringing over Fragile due to many people commenting, sending them emails, etc. So I guess it's just a matter of time. All tri-Crescendo games have come over (the Baten Kaitos games came over yet sold worse than Fragile!) so there's nothing to worry about... :3

*baffled*

I dunno if she has it. I think she might, because now she is hating on her PS3.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I would expect a lot of people who plan to get MH3 will get MHG just for the MH3 demo. It's a pretty similar situation to FFVII:ACC being bundled with FFXIII demo IMO.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
Sony Domination!

:)

Again!  Nice to see!

If the Japan is games and Sony dominates Japan can we say (for the time being)

Sony is Games!   At least in Japan :)

routsounmanman said:
*~Onna76~* said:
Soriku said:

*baffled*

Yes I have a Japanese Wii but no longer use it since I got an American Wii which I have for a year now and exchanged my Japanese games for English, American games. I just find that easier to follow. Japanese is difficult and takes too much time to learn. I no longer study the language either. Have been mentioning it here quite a few times though ;)

@outlawauron

Where do you see me hating on my PS3? I love my PS3 very much only thing I hate is the little amount of games releasing that I like and RPG's heading other ways, and the games that have been released are disappointing, Demon's Souls for example. Yugh, what crap game that one is. Plus I hate the fact that Sony thinks that their biggest userbase are FPS fans, which isn't! I really get pissed when shooter number 556 is being announced. At least I'm online on the PSN every single day, even though I play on other consoles ;)

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Looks like Disgaea 2 PSP will beat out Disgaea 1 PSP. Woot woot! :D

Prediction:

TGS this year for PS3 will be amazing.

Grandia comes to PSN(PSone classic).

First Versus gameplay this year.

The Adventures Of Duane and Brando

Wow Disgaea 1 sold around 40k total on PSP. This will probably match that first week. Very nice.

DMeisterJ said:
I'm 100% certain BioShock2 is going to sell much worse on ps3 than 360 proving my point that some games don't sell on other platforms.

it's obvious... and fifa 2010 is goint to sell much worse on the 360. On COD 4.2 much worse in the PS3