By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Why is it that Nintendo games is always on the high ranked list?

Because there are more Nintendo fans than the rest.

Anyway the top games now are:

Bioshock (X360)
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Wii)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
Motorstorm (PS3)
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition (Wii)
Two Worlds (X360)
Armored Core 4 (X360)
Halo 2 (XB)
Mario Party 8 (Wii)

Most of those games aren't from Nintendo. And this the 5th thread I've seen about this.

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:

Nintendo produces products at a consistent quality that is rarely matched by other developers ...

Over the past couple of years reviewers have "dogged" Nintendo because they are not likely to focus on features like online gameplay, voice acting and epic sound-tracks in their simple games but the enjoyment of the game has remained inspite of these details missing; the result is that many individuals still feel that these games are worthy of the 80% or higher scores they used to recieve. At the same time many hyped games for other platforms have recieved high reviews for their inclusion of unnecessary features even though the game on the whole is not particularly enjoyable.

On top of all of that, Nintendo is the oldest videogame company with the largest group of devoted fans who will ensure that a game is well supported; a game like Dead Rising from Capcom doesn't get this kind of support ...

That was full of more bullshit than a rodeo floor.

Oh, and Rhonin, those are the most popular games, not the highest ranked ones.

So HappySqurriel you think every single Nintendo game deserves 80%+ in reviews,seriously could you be a bigger fanboy by saying that.That comment was full of BS like Montana said and i agree.Either turnoff the fanboy or atleast turn it down so the next door neighbours cant here it.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

MontanaHatchet said:
HappySqurriel said:

Nintendo produces products at a consistent quality that is rarely matched by other developers ...

Over the past couple of years reviewers have "dogged" Nintendo because they are not likely to focus on features like online gameplay, voice acting and epic sound-tracks in their simple games but the enjoyment of the game has remained inspite of these details missing; the result is that many individuals still feel that these games are worthy of the 80% or higher scores they used to recieve. At the same time many hyped games for other platforms have recieved high reviews for their inclusion of unnecessary features even though the game on the whole is not particularly enjoyable.

On top of all of that, Nintendo is the oldest videogame company with the largest group of devoted fans who will ensure that a game is well supported; a game like Dead Rising from Capcom doesn't get this kind of support ...

That was full of more bullshit than a rodeo floor.

Oh, and Rhonin, those are the most popular games, not the highest ranked ones.

I've been wondering about. How are the Most Popular games chosen? Based on sales?

mitsuhide said:
So HappySqurriel you think every single Nintendo game deserves 80%+ in reviews,seriously could you be a bigger fanboy by saying that.That comment was full of BS like Montana said and i agree.Either turnoff the fanboy or atleast turn it down so the next door neighbours cant here it.

I think you both misunderstood what I was saying ...

Go to Gamerankings and look at what the Average user vote is for a game as compared to their Average Review, Nintendo games typically have noticeably higher user scores than their review scores; when you look at how poorly reviewed games like Nintendogs, Brain Training and Wii Sports have been in contrast to how well these games have sold it becomes clear that the average user is having a completely different reaction than the average reviewer.

Many people do believe that these Nintendo games that are now being reviewed at 75% are worthy of an 80% or better even though they lack many of the features of their competition and it can be seen in these rankings. At the same time you see the complete opposite reaction to a lot of other companies games where they consistently get user reviews at the opposite end of the spectrum.

Around the Network

Well, considering 40% of the top ten list at Gamerankings is Nintendo games, (no other software company has more than 1 title in the Top Ten) and a full 50% were on Nintendo systems originally its not too surprising some of that is emulated on other gaming sites top ten list.

Add to that there probably are more Nintendo fans here for 2 reasons:

1.) There are simply more people everywhere, not just this site, who like Nintendo (or are more vocal about it) now then there used to be: as shown by the very strong sales of DS and Wii.
2.) Because the Wii and DS are winning in terms of sales, and this is a site whose whole point is video game sales, those who dislike Wii and DS are going to feel less comfortable. If the PS3 were dominating sales you'd see more Sony fans here.

Nintendo makes good games. It is a pity that some wonderful games don't get the recognition that they deserve, but the games in the top ten are incredible games.

BTW Two Worlds does not deserve to be in the top ten, that game makes me shiver,its so bad.............so bad...............

Not an Oblivion killer by any means.......

Xbox Live Gamertag - Deathscythe X

AIM SN - Alexie Di Onie

Nintendo has been in gaming for 5 (technically 6) of the 7 generations. Microsoft has only been in it for 2 and Sony only 3. Nintendo has delivered more games and more memorable games and franchises than any other company if by no other virtue than the fact they've been at it longer. Granted, these games may not have stollen the market's thunder upon release, but they are games that have the lasting power to maintain a love up until this day. Both Sony and Microsoft have had their gems but they are far and few inbetween, each company up until this generation favoring a heavy third party driving force over a first or second party. Many of these greats are determined by lasting power and that requires most important of all time, newer titles like Shadow of the collossus, Okami, God of War, Halo, Gears of War and Bioshock will have a hard time maintaining a lead for very long in those charts given their recent emergence as not only games, but franchises. The three most memorable franchises, Zelda, Mario and Metroid will always have that lasting power and be an asset to Nintendo's place on this list, so let's not forget those.

Sign the Resident_Evil_5_Petition for a Wii release or Dark_Samus is going to come get you.

It looks even worse when Nintendofans try to defend this by saying "Nintendo does great games". Nobody said that Nintendo dont do great games. The problem is when people look at that list they think the site is Nintendo biased. It is in some degree but the site loses alot of credibility.

@HappySqurriel:
Ahhhh ok i retract my statement about you being all fanboy and stuff.Personally though i dont think that every Nintendo game can be good.Nintendogs deserves less than 70% IMO because yes it might have got millions of sales but did it really increase the game library for you or me?Not for me any way.The only thing it did was sell more DS's and there isnt going to be a Nintendogs2 because well how would it sell it wouldnt have anything over the old one except graphics and we all know that isnt Nintendos approach this gen.BrainTraining is a better atempt at wideining the audience because every can play that.WiiSports was good to but wasnt it just a tester thing to see how the Wiimote would work and then later ended up being included as a game,this game wont widen the audience because its a packin(except JPN)so if someone buys a Wii just for Wiisports and Wiiplay the chances are they will only pick up games that are good for partys or gatherings of people i.eWarioware,WiiWare and minigame compilations.They might pick up another game or 2 but they wont become the big gamer that buys 10 games a year and finishes them all and Nintendo are going for the quick cashin with the Wii for now to attract the 'non'gamers which yes increases the industry but if they dont become 'full'gamers then it will be another audience to target but the games for that audience will be cheaper to make so there will be more of them and thus less Zelda,FinalFantasy,Halo,MGS ets type games because they cost to much to make and the target audience of those games is alot smaller than the target audience of Wiisparts type games,i am talking like nextgen and possibly nextnextgen that this could happen if the games that go to the Wii and DS are flooded with minigame compilations and games that appeal to casuals or non gamers(this is the worst case scenario so it probably wont happen for along time to come but you never know).
Sorry didnt mean to go on so long it just kinda of all flowed from the beginning.

@Silversen:
I agree.What if all consoles had sold 15million to date(PS3,Wii and X360) would there be an even balance of fans or more Sony fans because they won the last 2 gens?

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)