By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Why is it that Nintendo games is always on the high ranked list?

Yojimbo said:
It looks even worse when Nintendofans try to defend this by saying "Nintendo does great games". Nobody said that Nintendo dont do great games. The problem is when people look at that list they think the site is Nintendo biased. It is in some degree but the site loses alot of credibility.

Perhaps it makes very stupid people think this site is biased.  Seriously, the ratings that users give to games on game sales site somehow affects the validity of the charts collected by none of those people?  Can we just shut the hell up about this, already?  It has no effect on the site's trustworthiness, and saying that reeks of the same sort of idiocy through which conservatives create the concept of a "liberal media bias" anytime reality isn't going their way.

Around the Network
Takashii said:

Everytime I enter this site and I look on the right side of the page and look at the list of the Highest ranking games. I see Nintendo nintendo and more Nintendo. Oh look Nintendo. Is it true that its more Nintendo fans than 360 or PS3 users combined on this site? Its like I feel small and have no back up as a Xbox 360 owner. Where is the Xbox 360 fans?

Since the Wii is selling more units than X360 and PS3 combined, I'm puzzled as to why you're surprised that this site would have more Wii fans than X360 and PS3 fans combined.

I'm not suggesting that this web site is a representative sample or anything, but there's really nothing shocking about it reflecting market trends. 

And as others have pointed out, on the particular matter of game rankings, Nintendo has the advantage of history. 

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:
Takashii said:

Everytime I enter this site and I look on the right side of the page and look at the list of the Highest ranking games. I see Nintendo nintendo and more Nintendo. Oh look Nintendo. Is it true that its more Nintendo fans than 360 or PS3 users combined on this site? Its like I feel small and have no back up as a Xbox 360 owner. Where is the Xbox 360 fans?

Since the Wii is selling more units than X360 and PS3 combined, I'm puzzled as to why you're surprised that this site would have more Wii fans than X360 and PS3 fans combined.

I'm not suggesting that this web site is a representative sample or anything, but there's really nothing shocking about it reflecting market trends.

And as others have pointed out, on the particular matter of game rankings, Nintendo has the advantage of history.

O_O??

Well, on another hand, on any "best games of all time" lists, you're bound to come up with a large share of Nintendo games.

Super Mario Brothers, Mario 3 (bigger than Halo3 at it's time), Super Mario World, Mario 64 (maybe Mario Galaxy as well)

The Legend of Zelda, Zelda : A Link To The Past, Zelda : Oncarina of Time, Zelda : Twilight Princess (maybe Zelda : Phantom Hourglass as well)

Metroid, Super Metroid, Metroid Prime (maybe Metroid Prime 3 as well)

Even just sticking to only their main franchises, that's a lot of big games from a single company. :)

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

So what, should we purposefully rig the voting to give an advantage to non-nintendo games to make the site look unbiased?

Last gen a site that showed overwhelming favor of Sony or the PS2 or PS was never called biased, it was called realistic, however this generation it seems anytime something shows overwhelming favor of Nintendo, obviously there is a problem.

Sign the Resident_Evil_5_Petition for a Wii release or Dark_Samus is going to come get you.

Around the Network

Nintendo's games are usually of a high quality, especially the proper games, not the partys and spin offs.

@DSLover

Thread necromancy is not a cool thing to do.

well becaus ethis sight has majority nintendo fans, and most great games ever are nintendo games.