By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Halo Wars ALREADY Showing Better LEGS than Killzone 2? ~ Why & Is it good?

shinyuhadouken said:
I made an account in September. I wasn't active till February. Killzone still needs about 500k to reach 1.8 mill. Many games will never even reach 500,000. My prediction may have been a bit too low. We'll find out later this year.

You should check out some older games in the meantime.

Around the Network

it has Halo on it, and not to mention Halo Wars has been out for 3 weeks in EU and US and K2 for 4 weeks so it naturally still has an advantage, it has nothing to do with quality, if it were so Battle for Middle Earth 2 would outsold them both

360 TOTAL SALES 29.50m UNITS / 40 months on the market = 737 500
PS3 TOTAL SALES 21.40m UNITS / 28 months on the market = 764 285

I guess the PS3 has better legs. Why & is it good?

Same kind of stupid argument.

MAFKKA said:

360 TOTAL SALES 29.50m UNITS / 40 months on the market = 737 500
PS3 TOTAL SALES 21.40m UNITS / 28 months on the market = 764 285

I guess the PS3 has better legs. Why & is it good?

Same kind of stupid argument.

Well, you could say...the xbox family has had 2 devices, and is competing with sony, which has a family of 4 devices.  Seems like $$$ is where you really look who good or not...not some random stats...

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

makingmusic - long time ago when GG said they got help from Sony's internal studios and people were going on about it I always tried to tell them that those studios have their own projects to work on. Sony wouldn't be dumb enough to yank devs to fly them across the globe to just work on something else. Sony also wouldn't want to piss off their studios by pulling devs away and make the other devs of the team work twice as hard so they don't fall behind.

Around the Network
Cueil said:
To Say that GG didn't receive substantial support from other Sony studios would be ludicrous... these guys' best game before KZ2 was KZ1... and if you want to be a dick you can alway put in the price of purchasing the studio to make sure that this game didn't go Multi-platform. You just don't go from a substandard studio to making one of the best games released this gen by hiring some locals... it wouldn't surprise me at all if the collaboration was with all major Sony studios in Europe and some in the US.

i doubt sonys reason for buying GG was to make sure KZ2 stayed exclusive. so... no you cant include that for KZ2 budget.

great news, i hope this game sell tons of copies so i can have more people only to beat or be beaten! hihihihi nway careful with the rushers newbies!!

halo wars is so much enjoyable on multiplayer, and you can actually use just 4 button and camera control to do the thing is amazing,

no wonder more and more people like this game

MontanaHatchet said:
I'm not a big fan of this thread. And you know why? People are already making predictions on lifetime sales after 3 or 4 weeks of sales. And after only a couple weeks, these same people are determining which of two games has better legs. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Killzone 2 will end up with a higher lifetime total. And despite Killzone 2's nearly endless hype, a lot of people seem to ignore that there were nearly endless commercials for Halo Wars in America.

Naznatips, I agree that Halo Wars is fairly stripped down, but that really had nothing to do with sales. I'm just amazed that at least one developer managed to make a decent console RTS.

This.

@Shinyuhadouken

1.8 million lol its not aprils fool yet.

CGI-Quality said:
@ makingmusic

It's good to see you defend GG like this. Personally, after playing KZ1/KZL and now Killzone 2, this studio has progressed BIG time. Contrary to naysayer's beliefs, they HAVE in fact created one of the greatest FPS ever made. It IS everything people made it out to be and then some. This is coming from a not-so-big FPS fan too.

If thats your opinion then you really should play more FPS games as its really not deserving of that title.  I also fail to see any relevance in everyone discussing the "greatness" of KZ2 in a topic dedicated to its sales and that of HW.

As far as HW is concerned its a RTS done really well so I expect word of mouth to provide some strong legs as more people play it.  It has its faults but on the whole it's great fun.  KZ2 should have good legs too though so I personally don't see a RTS outselling a polished FPS long term.