By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Famitsu scores Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - 9,9,9,8

I agree with naznatips. People this is a FFVII game but a spinoff. There are so many examples of spin-offs that have failed to be as successful as their real counterparts (FFX-2, FFCC -Crystal Chronicles-, Dirge of Cerberus, Revenant Wings, DQ Joker, etc etc etc). I stand by my previous post : 2m WW.

Around the Network

Right, I don't expect it to bomb or anything. 2-3 million copies would be GREAT for an RPG spinoff.

Dirge of Cerberus failed for one reason : disastrous reviewes . If CC can become one of the best reviewed PSP game than it will sell .

Naznatips : well 2 million would be good for a PSP game , but not for a handhelds biggest hope :? 

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker on the DS got the same score, and sold 1.47 million in Japan.

Of course, a few things need to be taken into account:

1.) Dragon Quest is more popular in Japan than Final Fantasy.
2.) There are 16 million Japanese DS owners, but only 6.66 million Japanese PSP owners.
3.) The PSP's attach rate in Japan is horrid.

A few points:

• Crisis Core will sell PSP's
  • Crisis Core will sell loads of units in Japan.  It may not be out of the traps as fast as Monster Hunter Portable 2, but I reckon it will have similar legs and I reckon should clock up at least 1m units by the end of the year in Japan alone.
  • Crisis Core should sell well in NA and EU as well, the original FFVII was very popular in all regions and I reckon the feel good factor of FFVII will bring out gamers to CC, thus good unit sales and good PSP sales.

The highest seller for the PSP as the moment by far is GTA:LBS currently at aroungd 4.14m WW since it's release in November 2005.  I honestly think that Crisis Core has a chance to overtake this number, but it's gonna be a slim chance.

I reckon WW sales will be around 3m, but could make it as high as 4m.  Sales in Japan to be around 1m by the end of this year and total 1.5m some time next year. 

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Around the Network
hunter_alien said:

Dirge of Cerberus failed for one reason : disastrous reviewes . If CC can become one of the best reviewed PSP game than it will sell .

Naznatips : well 2 million would be good for a PSP game , but not for a handhelds biggest hope :?

The only reason I can find for the game to sell exceptionally well 4m+ would be the lack of quality -and quantity- RPGs on PSP. But think about PSP's worst nightmare as well -piracy.

naznatips said:

2.) There are 16 million Japanese DS owners, but only 6.66 million Japanese PSP owners.

Yeah, but be awere it's the number of the beast

naznatips said:
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker on the DS got the same score, and sold 1.47 million in Japan.

PSP's attach rate WW is horrid, mainly due to piracy.

naznatips said:

You forget something extremly important : the DS has some real monsters : Nintendogs , Mario , Brain Training etc. FF games sold well , million + in the Jap teritories , but seeing the install base those are poor numbers for a FF game . Every 3rd Jpanese DS owner has Nintendogs , and I expect that every 3rd PSP owner will have CC , meaning ~2 millions ... why because Nintendogs is the DSs main game while CC is the PSPs . Also , if piracy would be that horrible , we wouldent have million + seller , now would we ?

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

CC isn't the PSP's main game... it's a spinoff lol. CC is much more comparable (especially in Japan) to DQ Monsters: Joker than it is to Nintendogs. Nintendogs is a runaway hit on a system with a very high attach rate. CC is a spinoff on a system with the worst attach rate in VGC recorded history lol. I really just can't see how you can possibly expect this to do better than 3 million worldwide lifetime sales.