By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Famitsu scores Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - 9,9,9,8

leo-j said:
@sieaner

He said it wont sell 6 million in its lifetime.

Uhh, I said that you always think a FF7 related game will hit over 10mil.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network

Yes I do. I do always think that a FF7 game of any sort will sell 10 million.

mM
leo-j said:
Yes I do. I do always think that a FF7 game of any sort will sell 10 million.

Dirge of Cerberus says hi.

Edit: To give you an idea, Final Fantasy on handhelds (specifically the DS and PSP) have been extremely front loaded. Expect the same from this game. I doubt this will be the next Monster Hunter Freedom for the PSP, but I do think it'll do awesome for a few weeks.

Yeah... I like this bet lol. I'm almost tempted to make a second (more fair) bet that Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon will outsell CC:FFVII between it's 2 versions (both in Japan and worldwide). I'm still deciding haha.

Personally, I can't see it selling anywhere near 7-10m WW. But I do expect it to sell as well as MHP2 in Japan, which is currently around 1.4m and has only been out for around 5 months or so.

Minimum, I reckon CC will do 3m WW, but it could quite easily do 4m.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Around the Network

I wonder who is the biggest FF fan on this site. I have played trought and finished FF3,4,5,6,7,9,10,x-2 and 12. I have also played alot of FF1,FF8,F11 but they are too slow and boring. I really hope there is someone else that have finished more games then me.
Too bad that you did not see trought my sarcasm
Diomedes. I dont think that FF got worse but it took a new direction and that was really needed. I believe that FFXIII must be something new and fresh like FFVII and FFX were and I really hope it is.

Naznatips: You like FFIX maybe because it went old schoolish? And that is good for you because its great game. The thing is that we are seeing stuff from a different perspective you see Sonyfans bashing the old games I see Nintendofans bash the new games and Sonyfans bash the old games.

2.5 - 3.0 million worldwide. This game will sell probably less than MHF2 in Japan (~1 million) but far more everywhere else... I would say 900k - 1200k in US and 600k - 800k in EU...

Sweet, Can't wait to play the game :D I might have to get a psp lite so I can play it on the big screen :D

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

Yojimbo said:
I wonder who is the biggest FF fan on this site. I have played trought and finished FF3,4,5,6,7,9,10,x-2 and 12. I have also played alot of FF1,FF8,F11 but they are too slow and boring. I really hope there is someone else that have finished more games then me.

I have clocked: ff1,ff2,ff4,ff5,ff6,ff7,ff8,ff9,ff10,ff10-2,ff12 and tactics.

All I have to finish is ff3 which I'm doing atm.

Also played  in 2005/6  ff11 :D 

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

I expect the game to be pretty good and sell really well. I'm buying a PSP just for this game...well and Dissidia and God of War.

also I'm tired of people using emo all the damn time. you know it's ok to be sad or depressed about something for a legitimate reason, right? not everyone who is said or w/e is some whiny emo kid.