By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What has gotten into Square Enix?

CGI-Quality said:
@ Darc

Exactly, so it wasn't just "all about profiting" afterall. The quality of the game was mainly at the forefront. That is what some of the folks in this thread are trying reiterate that Square is losing, their quality, regardless of platform.

Yes because paying to $25 to $35 per cartridge with no incentives in comparison to $1 per CD and incentives had nothing to do with it....

Around the Network

lol I love it. Last remant 0.55 million, Infinite undiscovery 0.43 million, Star ocean 4 0.31 million.

And they have only themselves to blame

i blame wada. i want the greedy bastard death.

need more nomura HD games now :(

dont bring the square soft logo here!!!! it makes me sad just thinking about how great their games were

There is of caurse the possibility that all of you overrate their dev capability.

They had their weak teams working on 360 games while the best is reserved for FF13 and Versus.

With Nomura directing i have high hopes for Versus capturing Squares former glory, FF13 might suffer to due 360 inferior hardware holding it back. If Nomura can maintain Versus exclusivity and make the best game possible we may see the best FF in a decade.

Around the Network
twingo said:
There is of caurse the possibility that all of you overrate their dev capability.

They had their weak teams working on 360 games while the best is reserved for FF13 and Versus.

With Nomura directing i have high hopes for Versus capturing Squares former glory, FF13 might suffer to due 360 inferior hardware holding it back. If Nomura can maintain Versus exclusivity and make the best game possible we may see the best FF in a decade.

Thats what im actually hoping , that 13 and 13vs are great games seeing they have dedicated so , so much time on them . If not Square will be off my radar .

I'll tell you what's gotten into Square Enix. M$ Money, that's what. Now they can just put out any crap they want to and it doesn't matter because at the end of the day, their wallets are still fat

hatmoza 2.0 said:
twingo said:

Thats what im actually hoping , that 13 and 13vs are great games seeing they have dedicated so , so much time on them . If not Square will be off my radar .

If not they will be off everyone rader as they will cease to exist if those dames fail.

Se whoring out to MS might have been nothing more then a plot to get funds for FFF13/Versus development.  All MS got was 2 weak mediocre new ips and a weak old one. 

Had they released a remake of Xenogears or Chrono Cross they would be traitors had Se made FF or Dragon Quest a exclusive their would be no arguing they are greedy traitors.  But they havent.

I just have a small feeling SE is just milking MS for cash, nothing more.

FF13 release dates will tell us alot.

Doesn't Sony require multi-platform games that come to their system later to have exclusive content? Maybe that's the reason Square Enix chose to not bring those games to the PS3. It's like a one-two punch with Sony, they make a system that is not as easy to program for, then punish any third-parties that finish other versions earlier and want to get those versions out to make a particular quarter.

@Darc

You seem to be really grasping at straws. The quality WAS the forefront and that was what led to FFVII. Sony fans do have a right to be mad because this time instead of Square opting to make a better quality game the reason why they're making games for another console has nothing to do with Quality what so ever

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi