By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft and Blizzard Talk About Next Xbox

darthdevidem01 said:
SONY for god's sake.....

PS Brand is HUGE

go back to PS1/PS2 strategy

forget bout the living room

Sony's entire strategy with the Playstation was to turn it into a computer that would cut the PC market out from under itself. That's why Microsoft entered the console war.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
SONY for god's sake.....

PS Brand is HUGE

The PS1/2 strategy was to take over the living room. It was intended as a disruptor of PC's from the beginning.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

That's no good news ... I mean it's cool to have multimedia features, but a console, that's for gaming first!

But well, it means no new xbox before 2012 at least.

darthdevidem01 said:
SONY for god's sake.....

PS Brand is HUGE

yea no kidding, sure swiss army knifes sound all cool and all and i even have one.

but i still have a toe nail cliipper, scissors, knives, screwdrivers, bottleopeners, and pretty much everythign my swiss army knife has in it as a solo object that I use over the swiss army knife.  Quit throwing in a ton of shit that we already have and better means in your consoles and just make game machines.

SciFiBoy said:
highwaystar101 said:
I know a secret about the next xbox

what is it?

My mate works for Rare. When he gets drunk he starts blurting stuff out about Rare/microsoft and begs us to keep it secret in the morning when he has sobered up, so I can't really say lol.

Around the Network
irstupid said:
darthdevidem01 said:
SONY for god's sake.....

PS Brand is HUGE

yea no kidding, sure swiss army knifes sound all cool and all and i even have one.

but i still have a toe nail cliipper, scissors, knives, screwdrivers, bottleopeners, and pretty much everythign my swiss army knife has in it as a solo object that I use over the swiss army knife.  Quit throwing in a ton of shit that we already have and better means in your consoles and just make game machines.

go on, be bad, at least PM me, i wouldnt tell anyone...

irstupid said:
no shit that microsoft or sony would try and figure out how to get blizzard on to their consoles. so then is next consoles gonna be built around the fact they want to have MMO's so they can get a part of the billions WoW makes

or if Sony's SOE release Everquest or Planetside on Ps3 and Microsoft release a mmo on their Console then there is no need for blizzard to be honest.

highwaystar101 said:
SciFiBoy said:
highwaystar101 said:
I know a secret about the next xbox

what is it?

My mate works for Rare. When he gets drunk he starts blurting stuff out about Rare/microsoft and begs us to keep it secret in the morning when he has sobered up, so I can't really say lol.

Ah dude I wouldn't go telling anyone, nobody can keep their mouths shut not matter how much they say "pleeeease I won't tell anyone, promise!"

PullusPardus said:
irstupid said:
no shit that microsoft or sony would try and figure out how to get blizzard on to their consoles. so then is next consoles gonna be built around the fact they want to have MMO's so they can get a part of the billions WoW makes

or if Sony's SOE release Everquest or Planetside on Ps3 and Microsoft release a mmo on their Console then there is no need for blizzard to be honest.

Everquest and Planetside (my personal favorite MMO) are tiny compared to WoW. Blizzard are the only MMO company to have a mega-hit, I think having them on board would be a big advantage.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

I don't see why a whole new generation of machines is needed for controlling the living room. They have movies covered. They just need music and television and they are well on their way.

Doesn't Sony have a TV thing going in Europe already?