By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Anyone else playing Blue Dragon?

Is it just me or is Uematsu a musical genius, just wow

Im listening to the FF 10 theme song, and Aeris theme from ff7, and i cannot wait to buy this game, and to buy lost odyssey

Heck at this point i would buy lost odyssey just to hear the music

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network

Glad you picked it up and enjoy it. It is pretty lenghly and the achievements are tough. I am on the 3rd disk and have 30 achievement points lol though is mainly because I didn't look online to see what the requirements where etc. I like to see what I get just by playing then do the faqs later if I care for achievements.

The Achivement points for Blue Dragon are ungodly. Most have been stating Blue Dragon is in the level 9 or 10 catagory for difficulty - which VERY FEW games are of that level.

My party is...

Shu - Sword Master + Assassain (Assassain skills are great, Negotiator is a must-have)

Jiro - Red Mage (White/Black/Barrier)

Kluke - Red Mage (White/Black/Support)

Maru - Monk + some White Magic

Zola - Assassain (havent fully got her yet).

My setup works well. Everyone has generalist skill as well, as generalist is the most useful catagory of them all. You MUST get Generalist maxed out for every character...It's so important.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

About what hour do you get Zola?

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
About what hour do you get Zola?

I played 16h 30min or something before i got her.

End of Jibral city. 

[

Around the Network

I love the videos for this game, My cousin is about to give me disc one of Blue Dragon and as I am working on disc one he is playing disc two. And etc....I can't wait till he finishes this game. There is so many games for the 360 I can't keep track. I'm playing Madden NFL 08, Tomb Raider:Legend, Fable, Two Worlds, Uno, and then its Blue Dragon, Halo 3 and many more. I'm thinking of picking up Perfect Dark Zero.

NeoRatt said:
I picked it up because I have never played a JRPG and I heard that this went over well in Japan. So, I thought what the heck...

I have only been impressed so far (@7 measly hours of play)...

It's combat is turn based so it is easy to strategize. I could see people not liking it, but that was the developers choice and we should rate it for what it is. And as a turn based combat system it is fine if not excellent.

Graphics are cartoony, but I prefer to rate graphics on how they fit the story and gameplay. In that sense they are perfect. Graphics aren't sync'd with mouths but thats because it was translated from Japanese.

The sound is perfect. No one can even think about complaining about it. Music and sounds are fitting everywhere.

The story is great and well told. It is easy to follow and sets each situation up perfectly. But, I could see people not liking being guided so much and wanting a more sand box like experience.

It is important to explore everything. So, it keeps you constantly interested. There seems to be something everywhere. The classes and ranks move at a good pace.

Achievements are difficult, I have a measly 5 points (Back Attack) right now, and looked on the 360 Achievements site and feel that it will take a while to if you want to get them all.

Overall I give it an 8.3... Not totally innovative, but a solid game that is well storied, and solid gameplay. It is obvious that the team that worked on it was first class, and the game is very well polished. I can see this selling solidly for a while as people get over some of the reviews and see other people playing it.

Finally, I was really surprised to see it on 3 DVDs. While everyone made a huge stink about PGR4 fighting to stick to one DVD, Blue Dragon got released on 3 and no one batted an eyeball. Personally, I don't really care as way back in the day, I was saving stuff on 5 1/4" and 10" disks that were way slower... And to this pointed I haven't been prompted for the other disks...

I'm now in my 20th hour...  This game is great...  Classing and ranking moves at a great pace, and the world is so huge and explorable...  Moving it from 8.3 to 8.8 now...  If LO is supposed to be better then JRPG fans are in for a treat this Xmas...  Just added LO to my must buy list (It was probable before).  Also, if Mass Effect is better then Lost Odyssey all RPG fans will really enjoy Xmas.  Wow.  RPGs are really looking good for 360 now.

Here's my take on the game:

http://www.theancientgamer.com/index.php?/site/comments/blue_dragon/

My wife talked me up half a point to 8.5. I was having a hell of a time deciding between 8 and 8.5.

Good game, though. Definitely worth the $60 they're charging for it.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

mrstickball said:
The Achivement points for Blue Dragon are ungodly. Most have been stating Blue Dragon is in the level 9 or 10 catagory for difficulty - which VERY FEW games are of that level.

My party is...

Shu - Sword Master + Assassain (Assassain skills are great, Negotiator is a must-have)

Jiro - Red Mage (White/Black/Barrier)

Kluke - Red Mage (White/Black/Support)

Maru - Monk + some White Magic

Zola - Assassain (havent fully got her yet).

My setup works well. Everyone has generalist skill as well, as generalist is the most useful catagory of them all. You MUST get Generalist maxed out for every character...It's so important.

Yeah everyone in my party has the Generalist class as well. I actually restarted my game at hour 10 because I realized that I should have gotten the Generalist class ASAP with Shu and Jiro. My party is current this.

Shu- Sword Master/Guardian

Jiro- White Mage/Monk

Kluke- Assassin/Black Magic (She is a Ninja hehe)

Maru-Sword Master/Monk

I haven't gotten Zola yet. Since i restarted, I am behind the rest of you. I need to settle in on a back up healer but I am in no rush at the moment.

How often do you get to choose another class? I seemed like I got it early in the game but havent been able to add another one in a while. Everyone is level 19 right now, and we are on our way to Jibral.

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )