By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I took the plunge and Jumped In!

sweet, one more person playing more and a larger variety of games, always a good thing.

I'm planning on buying a 360 in about 8 months... god it's gonna be fun playing that awesome backlog of games :)

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.

Around the Network

Congrats. Enjoy your new console. Get Lost Odyssey and Fable II.

Squall_Leonhart said:
mesoteto said:
^just be careful of the achievements--they are like crack if you get hooked

It is the same with Trophies! I love getting them on the PS3

It's different, Achievements are the original thing so every.single.game has 'em. Every first party and third party game, even old.

Congrats man, but you have a HUGE backlog of games, and I mean HUGE. Not to mention E3 coming up, where Microsoft are saving megaton announcements. On top of already having a PS3, you're gonna have a long way to go to play all these games..

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

Yeah i know what you mean! I already have a lot of games to get through, let alone all the games i am going to have to buy for the 360... Got Resident Evil 5 free with the console but think i will sell that as not really wanting to play the game!

Squall_Leonhart said:

I am now the owner of a 360 Elite as of today, i decided that i was sick of the lack of SE support on the PS3 and bought myself one!

I, surprisingly, got a free pack with the console which included a second wireless controller and also a copy of Resident Evil 5 (all free )

I also bought Mass Effect (since i have heard all the good news about the game so thought i would see what the fuss is all about!

My gamertag is Squall4ever

congrats and welcome to the elite world :)

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Install Mass Effect. It makes the experience much better.

You can't change the fact that the elevators of the future will be 500% slower

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Strategyking92 said:
outlawauron said:

I have noticed that even with installing the game to the HDD some parts of the game are still rather slow... then again you can't expect miracles from installing lol! When playing Mass Effect it sounded like my 360 was about to take off, had to turn the TV up so i could hear what the captain guy was saying lol!

Buy KAMEO it's great and don't buy Blue Dragon it's awful

But war... war never changes

Squall_Leonhart said:
Strategyking92 said:
outlawauron said:

I have noticed that even with installing the game to the HDD some parts of the game are still rather slow... then again you can't expect miracles from installing lol! When playing Mass Effect it sounded like my 360 was about to take off, had to turn the TV up so i could hear what the captain guy was saying lol!

I think the game was designed around having elevators go that slow, that's why you would hear news and stuff while you were in there.

So it's kind of like halo were some parts were optimized for the disc.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Strategyking92 said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
Strategyking92 said:
outlawauron said:

I think the game was designed around having elevators go that slow, that's why you would hear news and stuff while you were in there.

So it's kind of like halo were some parts were optimized for the disc.

Ah i see!

Well i also bought Lost Odyssey, surprised the game is 4 disks long!! I mean i dread to think what FFXIII is going to be like on the 360!

Good thing is that i have the 360 for the 360 only games and the PS3 for multiplatform games, as well as PS3 exclusives of course

Best of both worlds!