By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I took the plunge and Jumped In!

Congrats. Plenty of exclusives you will enjoy.

Great start with Mass Effect. Amazing story in that game. :)

I know you love FF and square. To be honest, none of the square games are as bad as people make out. And if your a square fan you can probably add another 8-10% to the review scores.

Get the following games in this order. Take out any games for genres you dont like.

Lost Odyssey (This game is very very good. It is Hironobu after all. You love FF, you'll love this very emotional)
Fable 2 (this is a must)

EDIT: Ninja Blade

EDIT: Ninja Gaiden 2
Gears Of War
Gears Of War 2
The Last Remnant (they have been patching the game)
Infinite Undiscovery
Dead Rising
Halo 1 (I know, I'm assuming you havent played the first one or second)
Halo 2
Halo 3
Blue Dragon
Forza 2

I'm sure you wont have loads of money to spare, but most of the games above are cheaper now.

Just enjoy your 360 and PS3. As long as you dont let any fanboy feelings get in the way you'll now have the ultimate setup. (the fact you paid out for an Elite kinda shows your no fanboy :) )

Around the Network
Squall_Leonhart said:
OT: Any games that people recommend? And how is Infinite Undiscovery? I thought about picking that up, saving TLR for the PS3 since i am hoping the issued i heard about get sorted!

Seeing as your in the UK and cannot get Tales of Vesperia yet...

• Star Ocean 4
  • Fable 2
  • Blue Dragon
  • Lost Odyssey

ToV is the best on the list. If there are any multi-plat RPGs such as Fallout 3 or Oblivion that you have not purchased, they can be found very cheap.

IU is an OK game. Certainly nothing amazing - on the level of Enchanted Arms, or a little bit better. TLR is a bit better than it, and is definately worth a purchase if it does not come to the PS3 in a timeframe that is convinent for you.

There are tons of other non-RPGs out there, but those are a few must-haves.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

@selnor

Thanks for the list of must-have games!

I think i will start with getting Infinite Undiscovery and work my way from there... Really going to have to get the wireless add-on sometime soon, does anyone know if it comes in black to match the console? Lol

Squall_Leonhart said:
@selnor

I think i will start with getting Infinite Undiscovery and work my way from there... Really going to have to get the wireless add-on sometime soon, does anyone know if it comes in black to match the console? Lol

I'd only get IU if it's cheap. It's a terribly made game, but it does some pretty cool things. Worth playing but not worth full price.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I'll echo outlawauron. IU is a fine game IF you get it cheap. Most 360 JRPGs are that way...There's only a few I'd recommend @ full price. ToV is the only unanimous one that is worth full retail, IMO...Fortunately, there's a lot of cheap JRPGs out there. Most can be had for $30 USD (or whatever your equivalent is. Isn't that like 60 pounds now?)

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
@selnor

I'd only get IU if it's cheap. It's a terribly made game, but it does some pretty cool things. Worth playing but not worth full price.

Ah i see!

Well maybe i will start with LO then instead! Going to give Mass Effect my attention for the moment, got it for only £13 new, not bad

Squall_Leonhart said:
@selnor

Theres more but I'm thinking of your pocket ;)

If you want to start with all RPG's then I reccomend the following order.

Lost Odyssey

Infinite Undiscovery

Fable 2

TLR (remember it's been patched)

Blue Dragon

Star Ocean ( as soon as we have it here, is it here in UK yet?)

Tales of Vesperia ( as soon as it drops )

Also throw in Ninja Blade as some point. Check out the demo on Live. It's a bloody good hacker.

That list should qell your thirst for RPG's over the coming months. Then when you are hooked on LO ( you will be) theres number 2 in the making. Yippee. Then FF13 ( for PS3 for you I imagine) It's all win win win for you now. :)

Squall_Leonhart said:
OT: Any games that people recommend? And how is Infinite Undiscovery? I thought about picking that up, saving TLR for the PS3 since i am hoping the issued i heard about get sorted!

Get:

Fable 2

Fallout 3(if you don't have it on your PS3)

Tales of Vesperia

Halo 3

Gears of War 2

Left 4 Dead

Those are all the games I have on my 360 right now.

Anyways Squall, get off VGChartz and play some Mass Effect. I want to be able to reminiss about the final 4 hours of the game with you. Oh you will love it. :)

EDIT : not long till I join the darkside. :) 1 month.

selnor said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
@selnor

Theres more but I'm thinking of your pocket ;)

If you want to start with all RPG's then I reccomend the following order.

Lost Odyssey

Infinite Undiscovery

Fable 2

TLR (remember it's been patched)

Blue Dragon

Star Ocean ( as soon as we have it here, is it here in UK yet?)

Tales of Vesperia ( as soon as it drops )

Also throw in Ninja Blade as some point. Check out the demo on Live. It's a bloody good hacker.

That list should qell your thirst for RPG's over the coming months. Then when you are hooked on LO ( you will be) theres number 2 in the making. Yippee. Then FF13 ( for PS3 for you I imagine) It's all win win win for you now. :)

Star Ocean 4 is one of the reasons i had to get myself a 360, is it released here in the UK in june so not too long now anyway! FF13 is def for the PS3, i would not betray Sony like that LOL

Well i think LO is going to be the next game then!