By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit....Rated T?

If it was M i wouldn't buy it. Since its T I will purchase it.

Around the Network
Viper1 said:

http://gonintendo.com/?p=76705

Go Nintendo released a trasncript of IGN's recent Voice Chat which supposedly stated that The Conduit will be rated T and not M.

I wonder how Sega got the ESRB to grant a T rating instead of M?  Probably good news sor sales though.

The question I'm wondering is why you're so sure it was going to be rated M.

I haven't seen much of the game but it doesn't like anything too bad, you're just shooting aliens.

I hope it's T, but will probably get it either way.

I never thought The Conduit would be rated M in the first place.

I always felt an M may impede upon its sales somehow (I know, Halo...blah blah blah)

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

twesterm said:
Viper1 said:

Go Nintendo released a trasncript of IGN's recent Voice Chat which supposedly stated that The Conduit will be rated T and not M.

I wonder how Sega got the ESRB to grant a T rating instead of M?  Probably good news sor sales though.

I haven't seen much of the game but it doesn't like anything too bad, you're just shooting aliens.

Because:

A) You shoot people too.

B) How many FPS's like this get a T rating and not an M rating?  Very, very few.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
Viper1 said:
twesterm said:
Viper1 said:

Because:

A) You shoot people too.

B) How many FPS's like this get a T rating and not an M rating?  Very, very few.

You don't get an M rating for shooting people.  You get an M rating for excessive violence against people (like Madworld or Manhunt excessive),having actual blood come from the people along with gutty gibs, and saying things like damn, shit, ass, or fuck, every 10 seconds.

Violence and killing people alone doesn't get you a T rating.

I never cared about ratings honestly. Many of my favorite games are E and T rated.

If it's not mature then it's casual

BOYCOTSEGA!!1

T for Too Cool

twesterm said:
Viper1 said:
twesterm said:
Viper1 said:

Because:

A) You shoot people too.

You don't get an M rating for shooting people.  You get an M rating for excessive violence against people (like Madworld or Manhunt excessive),having actual blood come from the people along with gutty gibs, and saying things like damn, shit, ass, or fuck, every 10 seconds.

Violence and killing people alone doesn't get you a T rating.

In short, bad words and sexual content are way worse than killing lots and lots of humans with guns. Killling them using knives would also be bad.

Nobody ever accused the ratings board of making sense.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.