By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will There Ever Be An RPG As Great As Tales Of Vesperia This Gen?

jonnhytesta said:
Carl2291 said:
At my above post...
My comp just had a Javascript fail, sorry for the messiness.

hahaha i was joking, sorry im not funny

Nahhh i got your joke lol, this site is filled with FF7 hate so you get to see quite a lot of the gay jokes

OT: We have all forgotten about what could possibly be game of the year.

Around the Network

Why do you think ToV was that good? It was enjoyable, nothing innovative, and what it was wasn't done excellently. Only well.

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
There are quite a few JRPG games out this generation that are far better then Vesperia. heres a list.

LO - X360
Folklore - PS3 <---  NO. It's a very substandard RPG.
Star Ocean: The Last Hope - X360
Valkryia Chronicles - PS3
Infinite Undiscovery - X360 <--- Too many technical issues and not an impressive cast/plot.
With quite a few more on the way. 
Final Fantasy Versus XIII - PS3 (AKA will make all of the above look like childs play.)  <-- I hope so, or else I'll hate S-E forever for wasting Nomura's time.

White Knight Chronicles - PS3  <--- If the reports from Japan are any indication, this game will only be above average. Shame because this was my JRPG hope for the PS3 this year.
X-Edge - PS3
The list goes on and on buddy. :P

I think it'll be DQ9 (DS count right?), FF13 or KH3.

Just lol. Mass effect, fallout 3, oblivion and lost odyssey are much better rpg:s than ToV.

While you are intimately aware of my feelings on the game I have to point out you stated the question extremely badly. Since Tales of Vesperia is out this generation there has to be at least one game as good as it. A game is always as good as itself.

On a more serious not there will of course be more as good as Vesperia. There are like 50 Tales games a generation and its likely one of them will equal or top it. Of the games already out I can think of at least a few that are way better than Vesperia off the top of my head, and probably more if I spent time thinking about it. Its been a relatively dry RPG gen so far on home consoles, but the hand helds have an amazing collection.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

Do remakes count?

Khuutra said:
Do remakes count?

Are you thinking what I think you're thinking? :3 Chrono Trigger?

The Mother 3 Fan Translation is done! Everyone go get it right now! (Mother3.fobby.net)

Play Earthbound for the SNES ; ; Do it, it's awesome!

Proud participater of this year's Wii Secret Santa event! Hopefully you'll join the merriment next year!
Link below because I fail at embedding urls.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51169&page=1

Chrono Trigger, FFIV DS, Dragon Quest IV....

lol

chrono trigger is no better than Blue Dragon tbh.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Riot Of The Blood said:
lol

chrono trigger is no better than Blue Dragon tbh.

You must've sure liked Blue Dragon I guess.

Please, don't correct me on that one.