By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 701 Members on this site own PS3s...or not

El Duderino said:
routsounmanman said:
I'll probably get a PS3 as soon as FFXIII comes out. I'm quite happy with my Wii on my HDTV right now; A friend of mine bought his just for games but only pirate games that is. He says that he'll not pay a single Euro for a game. Pity.

Good for Sony there is no way to pirate PS3 games yet, bad luck for your friend I guess.

On Topic: I didn´t vote for that poll eather but found the results interesting. Seems like people are eather very interested in Blue-ray or not at all... if you want to belive the poll...  it  does make sense (in a stupid twisted way) for sony haters to vote  for the only games option only to stick it to Sony fans and tell them Blue-ray is bad. Oh well....

Would it?  Or would it make sense for sony haters to vote they use it for Blueray +5 to show that they only use it to blueray to stick it to the sony fans and tell them the games suck?

Though likely a lot of the 5+ Blue-ray thing is due to the 5 free blueray deal.

Considering the data it would seem likely that more people use their PS3's for only gaming or DVD... or are just really silly since there was that statistic recently that almost half (or was it over half) didn't even use their consoles HD options. 

Around the Network

I didn't even see the poll and didn't vote. I guess we can safely add one more to the list. BTW, I use my xbox360 as a George Foreman Grill, and my Wii as a marital aide. /zing :)

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

routsounmanman said:
mitsuhide said:
I wouldnt say all his posts are Nintendo bashing quite a few but not all and ck does own a Wii if that counts for anything.

I know he owns a Wii that's why I didn't say he's a troll; he even plays MP3 now; my point is that he should be more objective being a mod. All the other mods may be a little biased for any company but none shows it. They are at least trying to be objective. Also, ckmlb has repeatedly assaulted many forum members (mainly Nintendo fans) without no apparent reason.

I agree with you that the majority of ck's posts are nintendo bashing, but mods aren't held by some sacred rules that they're not supposed to have opinions. They're posters like the rest of us, only they also have the job of ensuring that the forums rules are being met. So long as they themselves are also meeting the forum rules and not abusing their power, they can say whatever the damn hell they want.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

"I don't have one" should have been on the poll - I have a feeling that would change the results significantly.

I own one, and I use it mostly for PS2 games and dvd's. The only PS3 game I have is Resistance, and I haven't gotten around to buying more than one blu-ray movie.

Around the Network

I don't own one and I voted. I pretty much assumed what I would do if I did have one which was pretty easy to do since I absolutely refuse to buy into an HD format until one of the two die (don't care which).

twesterm said:
I don't own one and I voted. I pretty much assumed what I would do if I did have one which was pretty easy to do since I absolutely refuse to buy into an HD format until one of the two die (don't care which).

Thanks Twesterm.  Thanks for proving that this thread needed to be created.

It's pretty simple people.  Only vote if the poll applies to you.  And only vote once, regardless of how many alter-egos you have made.  Otherwise these polls will just become meaningless and a waste of front page space.

I agree with coach monkey, the poll should hava had an "Idont have one" option and an "I only use it to watch movies" option. I didn't vote in the poll, but being a social environments investigator used to surveying people on the phone and in person, you must not force the answer you want, thus you have tohave all options available. If your universe is only the people who own PS3s, then you can take the voters who chose "I dont own one" off the results to make your conclusions. But since this is an entertainment purposes only poll, and not a scientific approach, I guess its ok the way it is.

Anyone who thinks that online polls are accurate, please identify yourself. I have a bridge to sell you.

I have a PS3 and I use it for gaming and Blu-ray movies. I have spent most of the time playing Elder Scrolls : Oblivion, Resistance, and Motorstorm. Haven't been "Warhawk'd" yet so I can't be obsessed with that game....yet.

Plus, the PS3 upscales my PS2 games (60GB version with emotion engine. yay backwards compatibility) and it makes Shadows of the Colossus look freakin sweet. It does crop up KH2 in a weird way but at least it removes the jagged look of the game.

As for the poll? didn't know you had one. If I did I would have voted.

Ask me how to turn a Rottweiler in to a Dodongo and I'll tell you the story of a lifetime.