By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 701 Members on this site own PS3s...or not

routsounmanman said:
tabsina said:
i didn't vote.. but perhaps people that aren't members voted (we get a lot of visitors)

Correct me If I'm wron,but only members can vote in the polls.

Yes, you are wron, routsounmanman.  

Around the Network

i dont have one yet but will this week

Own all Sony Stuff PS123P

Feburday 28th will be a Owner of a Wii

Currently playing: Need for Speed Pro Street

Games i own:
NEED FOR SPEED PRO STREET ,DW6 ,WARHAWK ,COD4,JUICED 2 ,RESISTANCE, MOTORSTORM

Games im lookin forward to:
UT3 (Ps3) , HAZE (Ps3) , KZ2 (Ps3) , MGS4 (Ps3) , SSBB (WII) , GT5 (Ps3) LBP (Ps3)
08 Predictions

Wii: 45,000,000
Ds: 90,000,000
PS3: 25,000,000
PSP: 40,000,000
360: 26,000,000

That's awfully hostile of you. It's an equally valid assumption that our Sony fans are desperate to appear more numerous than they really are, and are thus voting multiple times.

Not saying that's how it is, but you're being downright paranoid.

GranTurismo said:
I love it win wii owners vote on polls they should leave alone, put one up for the wii and i'll say i use it as a Microwave :)
Because people just can't own both, or even more unthinkable.. all 3, and still prefer the Wii. It's madness! No! It's Sparta!

Can 'guests' vote in the polls?
I voted have bought 2Blu-rays and its interesting that there are more people that have 5+Blu-rays than 2-4Blu-rays, you would think has the numbers went higher(amount of discs) the percent that have that would go down.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Around the Network

I have one. I voted but I didn't like the questions. I use the ps3 for games, music, pictures, internet, downloading from psn, Blu-ray, remote play etc... I use the ps3 for all it's features. I would of hoped that the question had... 'Do you use the ps3 for everything'. The Questions to me were like some wanted ps3 owners to state they use it as a Blu- ray only.

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

8 people? that's really underestimated, in the other poll at least 150 had one (as favorite so more people had it). Becouse ive got a Ps3, but it isnt my favorite console.

There might be a point if the poll wasn't open to guests and the majority of the site traffic seems to be visitors.  Also it seemd ~45% of those that answered do use Blu-Ray, which is more than the portion that only play games.  Considering it's primarily a video game system and not every PS3 owner has an HDTV the results don't seem out of the realm of plausibility.

ckmlb said:

According to the latest poll, there are 701 people who voted on the question, this seems especially interesting because there is maybe at most 8 people that actually post who have PS3s on this site...

Or maybe some people are so sad that they just had to vote on a poll that they shouldn't even be looking at because they don't own a PS3 and probably would never own one (in some cases).

Great job proving your point that the majority of 701 'PS3 owners' only use it for games or dvd!

4,795 posts full of Nintendo bashing...

@routsounmanman:
Thats a fine line your playing with there.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)