By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Google Chrome flopped pretty bad, didn't it?

Give it time not many know about it yet Google needs to advertise it more.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Around the Network

breaks my heart to say it but Firefox is becoming increasingly more demanding, I use a shitty PC at work and switched to Chrome. Chrome is still far behind regarding stability and other stuff, and I constantly have to kill tabs that are not responding and reopen them, which is stupidly easy thanks to having a process associated to each tab. and I'm terrified by how much memory Chrome uses when you are viewing a large HTML source, it went up to 200mb!

but getting people to switch to another browser is not as easy as providing them a good email service, which do not require downloading new software etc

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

I'm using chrome right now, and have been for months.
It blows any other browser away in speed.

Google has the money for a proper advertising campaign. Who knows, once the final version goes out (it's still BETA, isn't it?), they may start to push the thing properly.

Also, there's not really a trend with the browsers with time. Opera has been around for over a decade now, and still sits just under 1%, Firefox has been having steady year-on-year growth since inception, and Safari's is pretty much dependant on Mac sales (as the Windows version is just a no-go).

I use Chrome all the time now since it's introduction. I found it faster than previous browser I used (FF, IE), and the minimalist interface suits me perfectly. That's all I need.

Around the Network

right now i'm using google chrome, and it kicks the shit out IE, explorer to me just sucks, for me it's chrome/safari/firefox as the best

You should be beaten, burned to ashes then someone should throw your ashes from a plane

im using chrome right now and i love it more then ff and ie

I use both IE and Firefox. Just downloaded Chrome this morning, and so far I am very impressed. I only use IE for work applications. I usually do my personal browsing with Firefox, but I can see more Chrome browsing in my future.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

I only use chrome been using it since beta. I like google as a company and support them. I also find the less cluttered look and faster speeds very nice on chrome.

At my work...a lot of the web based tools dont work with FF. I have to use IE...