By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft's Multi-Platform Sales Trend Majorly Declining

This is very interesting. Perhaps someone could look at the various trends for the titles and see why they sold more on the Playstation or not as much on the 360. Perhaps make a list of the games in the different ranges of sales and explain why they are there.

Around the Network

You can't even begin to tell me that the source of this article is unbiased.

"Man is born free but is everywhere in chains" - Rousseau

Great article. I've been noticing this as well but never in that extreme. I think it has to do with the brands are still, for the most part, tied to the Playstation brand instead of the Xbox one. Such is the case of why Madden, Need For Speed, Tomb Raider, and more recently Resident Evil are selling percentage wise better than they should. I also think that PS3 probably has more old school gamers than the 360 system which is probably a reason why Street Fighter 4 and MK vs DC sold better percentage wise as well.

Will be interesting to see how this goes as it furthers.

Good to see PS3 software on the rise!

libellule said:
Dead rising 2 and Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 too ???

(I doubt but ...)

Dead Rising 2 has already been confirmed to be released on PS3/Xbox 360/Microsoft Windows at the same time.

Around the Network
numonex said:
Please compare sales from NA only. 60% of members on this site are from NA region. NPD is for USA sales only.

Look at the console sales graphs between the three consoles in NA region only. It looks like Wii and X360 are both pulling away from PS3 in NA region. Console sales are more important than game sales because increasing console install base is directly related to increasing game sales.

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=America&cons2=PS3&reg2=America&cons3=X360&reg3=America&start=39194&end=39887&weekly=1

According to Alexa, you are wrong, so I don't know where you got that from.

Vgchartz.com users come from these countries:

United States - 38.6%
United Kingdom - 5.9%
China - 5.8%
Canada - 4.5%
Spain - 3.9%

great post!

numonex said:
Please compare sales from NA only. 60% of members on this site are from NA region. NPD is for USA sales only.

Look at the console sales graphs between the three consoles in NA region only. It looks like Wii and X360 are both pulling away from PS3 in NA region. Console sales are more important than game sales because increasing console install base is directly related to increasing game sales.

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=America&cons2=PS3&reg2=America&cons3=X360&reg3=America&start=39194&end=39887&weekly=1

Why do 360 fans want to go NA only as if the rest of the world doesn't matter?  More video game revenue comes from outside of NA then from inside NA.  With the Euro and Yen worth more relative to the dollar a sale in either other region is like 1.3 or 1.4 sales in NA.  

If the 360 pulls away from the PS3 in NA and the PS3 improves in the rest of the world its advantage PS3.  Until the dollar strengthens or at least stops weakening the rest of the world is going to continue to matter more relative to the US.

Saying "oh go one region only for this stuff!" also smacks of wanting to only win selective fights.  If you would like by that token we could go Japan only and say OMG PS3 PWNS 360!!!  The important one is worldwide sales, since thats what determines revenue at the end of the day.

By comments like the numonex one I'm reminded of an Eddie Izard Comment in front of an American audience "do you know there's other countries?  Just checking"

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me

i dont know from where the hell you bring this graph ?

Did anyone notice the peak games on 360? All american sports games and guitar games.