By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will Halo 3 overtake PS3?

Let's keep this one going.

For worldwide:

Halo 3 - 3.84 million
PS3 - 4.82 million

If Halo 3 can sell another 1 million plus this week and we assume PS3 sells about 75,000 consoles this week then it would be a very tight race.

More likely is Halo 3 sells about 700,000 this week.

Week ending October 6th:
Halo 3 - 4.54
PS3 - 4.90

The following week Halo will probably sell another 350,000.

Week ending October 13th:
Halo 3 - 4.89
PS3 - 4.97

The following week Halo sells 250,000.

Week ending October 20th:
Halo 3 - 5.14
PS3 - 5.05

So there we have it. By my predictions it will be the week of October 20th that Halo 3 beats the PS3 worldwide. Predicting when the PS3 overtakes Halo is something for another day.

Currently Playing:

Xbox 360 - Rock Band, NHL 08, Skate, Halo 3, Mass Effect

Wii - Mario Galaxy

Around the Network

With the rumored PS3 pricecut, it will be a bit harder for Halo 3 to overcome it.

late november

I am just taking in all the benefits of the console war.

Playing: Halo 3/Eternal Sonata (360), MP3 (Wii)

Live Tag: ipwndurmom69

Halo does 600k this week and 200-300k/week peak through the holidays. I would guess early november, but PS3 will be ahead by the end of the year.

Second week Halo3 sales and the PS3 price drop sales should be interesting.

New question: When will Xbox360 overtake Nintendogs sales? (if ever) :)

Around the Network

This thread is full of win. I just hope we can make a similar thread for Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

"To love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long you shall be resurrected from death in the church"

RPG_Fanatic said:
This thread is full of win. I just hope we can make a similar thread for Super Smash Brothers Brawl.
Its not going to be hard for Brawl to outsell PS3 :D

roadkillers said:
Lol I love the PS3 but this is a funny thread. This will not get locked. Its a new and origanal joke topic. lol

Joke Topic? Hmmmm

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Give it a couple more weeks. Halo 3 should hit 4 million worldwide sometime around the end of October.

Dolla Dolla said:
With the rumored PS3 pricecut, it will be a bit harder for Halo 3 to overcome it.

Give me a weekly prediction on how many units the PS3 will sell when it hits $400. I think 100k and then drops to 50k for the following weeks and on the holidays there will be a huge increase in sells but after that its going to drop.