By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will Halo 3 overtake PS3?

It will surpass it, but then come back down, the ps3 is rising higher than 360, so halo 3 may sell 12 million copies, while ps3 is at 6 million, it wont matter, lifetime sales will tell that ps3 will surpass it easily.

mM
Around the Network

consoles vs games......???

tomorrow new topic
...when will hannah montana overtake horsez?

Euhm never.

The topic title made me laugh.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I don't think Halo 3 will sell at the same rate as Halo 2 so the PS3 may stay above the sales of Halo 3. The reason for this is that Halo 2 was released mid November 2004 on a system that was selling for $150; this resulted in both Halo 2 and the XBox being a very popular Christmas gift so in 1 Month an unbelieveable number of games had been sold.

Halo 3 will sell rapidly to existing XBox 360 owners and lots of people may buy an XBox 360 to play it, but a large portion (maybe the majority) of its sales will come over the next 12 months as people buy it along with their XBox 360.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
It will surpass it, but then come back down, the ps3 is rising higher than 360, so halo 3 may sell 12 million copies, while ps3 is at 6 million, it wont matter, lifetime sales will tell that ps3 will surpass it easily.

Man Leo so NEGATIVE!

Of course PS3 will pass it eventually, but thats obvious. Man way to be a killjoy....... 

Xbox Live Gamertag - Deathscythe X

AIM SN - Alexie Di Onie

LOL,  January.

WiiFit will be 2008 #1 selling game in NORTH AMERICA!  
End of '08 Predictions: Wii - 48m X360 - 25m  PS3 - 19m
Wii monthly NA sales will top 400k every month in '08. *Jan sales ruined it. Grrrr!*
WiiFit will top 1m in sales in its first month of release in North America.
MGS4 will NOT be released in '08. *Darn it!* FF13 will NOT be released in '08.
Rockband Wii will top 600k in first month sales in North America.
WiiFit will pass the PS3 WW sales by Xmas '09.

funniest thing ever -- i'd say nov 07

You should have added at the beginning "Not Trynna Start a Flame War, but...." and it would have been even more hilarious. :)

Oh... and it will never happen. I'm still debating on whether I should drop $60 on this game since I was disappointed with 2.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

HappySqurriel said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I don't think Halo 3 will sell at the same rate as Halo 2 so the PS3 may stay above the sales of Halo 3. The reason for this is that Halo 2 was released mid November 2004 on a system that was selling for $150; this resulted in both Halo 2 and the XBox being a very popular Christmas gift so in 1 Month an unbelieveable number of games had been sold.

Halo 3 will sell rapidly to existing XBox 360 owners and lots of people may buy an XBox 360 to play it, but a large portion (maybe the majority) of its sales will come over the next 12 months as people buy it along with their XBox 360.

We can determain this by how many xboxs were sold at the time, (15 million plus?) im guessing. Which means a higher ammount of people had an xbox then the 360 when halo 2 was released, so in order for halo 3 to keep up, it must have a higher attachment rate, which i think it will, but will it be enough? Im not so certain.

I think it can go both ways.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.