By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz 360 Gamerscore League

jagenjg said:

OMG... eNamrah!!! 160/200 you are the man. How did you ever get Invincible. I just now got to the last stage, and said 'eff' this. I can get to the big fight against all of the stage bosses on Wily's level, but that is about it. I run out of men every time.

I bow to your gaming prowis.

I've always been pretty good at Mega Man games. The key for me is persistence (prepare to die a lot, at least in the beginning) and repetition (keep playing the stages enough to memorize them, the enemy and robot boss patterns).  Two weeks ago I downloaded MM9 and after an hour of play I was seriously regretting the 800 ms points spent. Now I can't stop playing it. After I beat the first few robot bosses, the game got real easy. I'm still working on the final 2 achievements, the hardest ones, IMO. I hope to have them unlocked by the end of the weekend. After that I'm going to try and put together a fast All Clear time. I think I can beat it in under 40 minutes. The current record is like 19 (WTF?!). While working on the peacekeeper achievement (don't kill anything but mini-bosses and bosses), I've found you can drastically cut down stage times (by half in most cases) by running past everything. lol

For Invincible I would reload if I died during the first few stages. I didn't die much because I'd already beaten the game and was used to the stages. Once I defeated Plug Man, I returned to his stage to stock up on screws. With 9 e-tanks, 3 shock guards and 3 beat calls it's hard to die after that.

For Wily's castle stage 4, use a guard up. Then go to town on the 8 robot bosses, order doesn't really matter but I always start with Galaxy Man and proceed counterclockwise. They're not hard if you use each of their weaknesses against them. Be sure to save enough concrete shot and plug ball ammo because you'll need them against Dr. Wily's 2nd and 3rd forms.

@JPL: heh, I do have one weakness when it comes to gamerscore. Gears of War. I thoroughly suck at that game. Or maybe I simply don't care. I can't play it for more than an hour at a time because it gives me migranes. I think it might be the color scheme. Not a fan of grey. I've had Gears 2 for nearly 5 months and still haven't played it. Although I did take the wrapping off and look at the instruction booklet so that's a start. lol

I've also yet to buy L4D again. I do regret selling it back in late February. I'm definitely not going to pay $60 for the lame GotY edition. I should be able to find a used version on ebay for $30. Either way, I'll try to get it soon.

Around the Network

jagen, that's funny about the toddler buying the game. It is a really fun game though.

Ronster, I'm not sure of the time difference but anytime is fine. I have family over this weekend so I may not be able to play something like Left4Dead but I don't know yet. Things will go back to normal next week.

eNamrah, I'm surprised you don't like Gears. I'm thinking you didn't like Tales either because you've hardly touched it? You deserve serious bragging rights on Mega Man 9. I loved it immediately after I downloaded it, I wish they would do more old school throw backs, gimpy graphics and all. That said I've just played it here and there for a little bit at a time.

I would have sworn game of the year edition would not be full price. That extra content is free so why would they charge extra for it on a disk? I think the retail version is down to 40 dollars new.

Hey, has anyone got the Fable 2 seeing the future DLC?

Anything I need to be aware of in terms of playing through it to get achievements in one go? It is sitting on my HDD, but I want to know if there are things that I need to make sure I do in order to not have to replay it a second time for the achievements

Im thinking about buying Left 4 Dead after playing it at my mates...

Anyone here play regular co-op on it?

VGChartz 360 Gamerscore League
GS Career TA Career League Career TA Leaderboard
GS Season TA Season League Season MGC Leaderboard
GS Weekly TA Weekly League Weekly League Rules
Active Tournaments 2009 Hall of Fame Platinum  Game Awards  
Potential Tournaments Past Hall of Fame Platinum Games  

Active Tournaments      

Super Street Fighter IV - 9 Owners - Completed    
  1 RONSTER316 Ronster316 680  
  2 Darc Requiem Darc Requiem 530  
  3 NNN2004 NNN2004 210  

Achievements          

Alan Wake - 21 Owners - Ends June 17    
  1 Berstuck Berstuck 1000  
  2 Dynosaw seece 860  
  3 JPL78 JPL78 650  
  4 Recon1O1 Recon1O1 615  
  5 RONSTER316 Ronster316 610  
  6 LORDMATRIX2004 LordMatrix 530  
  Achievements          

Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands - 5 Owners - Ends June 17
  1 eNamrah eNamrah 1000  
  2 JPL78 JPL78 870  
  3 LORDMATRIX2004 LordMatrix 785  

Achievements          

Red Dead Redemption - 23 Owners - Ends June 17    
  1 Recon1O1 Recon1O1 800  
  2 eNamrah eNamrah 725  
  3 Ryan Glory GLoRySoGLoRy 675  
  4 Bknight2k bknight 660  
  5 Machina22 Machina-AX 535  
  6 VehementAbyss roland32 310  
  Achievements          

League History
2008 Gamerscore 2008 League Standing 2008 Platinums 2008 Platinum Games 2008 Tournament HoF
2009 Gamerscore 2009 League Standing 2009 Platinums 2009 Platinum Games 2009 Tournament HoF

Around the Network

@Carl2291

I still play Left 4 Dead every now and then.

Today's been shitty as hell...
I played 8 matches online of halo 3 and lost every single one of them due to bullshit or legit generals on the other team (never mine of course)

So i decided to play Need for Speed Undercover and it froze on me while it was in the middle of saving my progress so i turned off my 360 and when i turned it back on i found out that my save file for it was corrupt and all my progress was lost (20 freakin hours!!)

And lastly i tried to get an achievement in Guitar Hero World Tour and did everything i was supposed to but it didn't unlock.

Fuck i'm pissed!!!!

2,000,000 Gamerscore = Epic Win

Munkeh111 said:
Hey, has anyone got the Fable 2 seeing the future DLC?

Anything I need to be aware of in terms of playing through it to get achievements in one go? It is sitting on my HDD, but I want to know if there are things that I need to make sure I do in order to not have to replay it a second time for the achievements

No, there's nothing special.  All of the levels are accessed through items that remain in your inventory,  so you can go back and grab the stuff you couldn't get the first time.  That means you will be able to get all the points in one playthrough no problem.

Just some added advice, to kill the Necromancer very easily, ignore everything and just repeatedly alternate between Time Control 3 and Inferno 5(area damage), and you will kill him before the time is halfway up.

Carl2291 said:

Im thinking about buying Left 4 Dead after playing it at my mates...

Anyone here play regular co-op on it?

I haven't in a while but I want to.