By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz 360 Gamerscore League

NeoRatt said:
JPL78 said:
NeoRatt said:
Berstuck said:

Hey Neo something seems really strange about my TA ration this week. I've got 145gs but the true achievements score is -15,899 (ie negative for some reason).  Thought it was pretty weird.

The TA scores were widely varied the past two weeks.  With all the gamers re-initializing their TA accounts, some people really benefited and some people really lost...

Next week things should be much more normal.  I think you just re-initialized your TA account in the last week.  That probably really sent yours for a loop based on the last one I had for you before then.

I lost out because of it.  TA lists DR2 as one of my best games the week we didn't count I got a lot of high ratio points.  Ah well.  Crap happens.

If I can give a tip in Comic Jumper, well the game tells you too, but I don't know if anyone was taking it serious.  BUY all the bonus stuff, it boosts the amount of money you get in each mission and if you get it all you get like 350 extra percent.  Using this I was able to get up to 9th place on the leaderboard for Nanoc issue 1.  But in general it makes maxing out your character super easy if you are willing to grind a little bit first.

It was really unfortunate.  If I knew what was going to happen I would have have restarted taking TA scores earlier.  I was toying with cancelling TA for the rest of the year, but decided to deal with the heat I would get for one week instead.

I have gotten a lot of pms because of it too.  On the plus side it has showed me there are still a lot of active gamers in the league.  On the minus there was about 10 of you that saw a large negative effect and missed out while TA was still getting itself back together again.

I must've been one of those people with a huge negative score, I don't see myself on the list at all haha.  When TA first came back up the ratios actually went down a lot then they've been doing something different that's caused the ratios to go up drastically now.  My ratio's back up to the 1.80 it was I was at in the beginning of the year.

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

Around the Network
erikers said:
NeoRatt said:
JPL78 said:
NeoRatt said:
Berstuck said:

Hey Neo something seems really strange about my TA ration this week. I've got 145gs but the true achievements score is -15,899 (ie negative for some reason).  Thought it was pretty weird.

The TA scores were widely varied the past two weeks.  With all the gamers re-initializing their TA accounts, some people really benefited and some people really lost...

Next week things should be much more normal.  I think you just re-initialized your TA account in the last week.  That probably really sent yours for a loop based on the last one I had for you before then.

I lost out because of it.  TA lists DR2 as one of my best games the week we didn't count I got a lot of high ratio points.  Ah well.  Crap happens.

If I can give a tip in Comic Jumper, well the game tells you too, but I don't know if anyone was taking it serious.  BUY all the bonus stuff, it boosts the amount of money you get in each mission and if you get it all you get like 350 extra percent.  Using this I was able to get up to 9th place on the leaderboard for Nanoc issue 1.  But in general it makes maxing out your character super easy if you are willing to grind a little bit first.

It was really unfortunate.  If I knew what was going to happen I would have have restarted taking TA scores earlier.  I was toying with cancelling TA for the rest of the year, but decided to deal with the heat I would get for one week instead.

I have gotten a lot of pms because of it too.  On the plus side it has showed me there are still a lot of active gamers in the league.  On the minus there was about 10 of you that saw a large negative effect and missed out while TA was still getting itself back together again.

I must've been one of those people with a huge negative score, I don't see myself on the list at all haha.  When TA first came back up the ratios actually went down a lot then they've been doing something different that's caused the ratios to go up drastically now.  My ratio's back up to the 1.80 it was I was at in the beginning of the year.

You didn't show up in this weeks TA list because you had a large TA ratio but did not score 100 gamerscore points.  My Excel macro that prepares the leaderboards automatically weeds these scores out completely.  Only people below 100 gamerscore points per week and low TA ratios show up on the leaderboard.

JPL78 said:
NeoRatt said:
Berstuck said:

I just read this post!  That's how I got ahead in this game, too.  It wasn't even as tough as I'd heard.  I think the reviewers that knocked the game rushed through the game instead of building their character up.  I kinda wish you would've kept it a secret until after the competition, though.  Now everybody is going to have perfect scores in this game!!

Just so everyone is aware, I noticed my TA dropped by 3,000 points from last night.  I am sure next week's number will be a wonky as well.  Just be patient.  I think the adjustments are comin to an end.

Won't be able to get all 200 of Comic Jumper until they fix a glitch >_>

Former something....

Around the Network

My ratio dropped and TA pts. lost 5-6k as the scanners got caught up.  I think they're almost back to normal.  There was an article saying the new server is online.  Downtime next Sunday for an hour to integrate.  Pain in the ass for Neo but I think they're good.  It's really a decent site. 

Saw a couple ads for DR2 that looked great.  Primetime too.  Sales are ok but they could use a boost.  I can't complain after not buying it.  Wish I had known TW2 and Gothic would both get moved.  It'll have to wait for a while now.  SW:TFU2 will suffer launching with Fable 3 but imo it's better to take your lumps than look like you're running scared.    

@d21lewis, sorry, I hope I didn't mess the race up for you.  I was just trying to be helpful to everyone else :)  I need to go ahead and finish the game I've just been busy grinding DR2.  But obviously I'm dropping the ball on earning a place in the Comic Jumper race seeing as a couple more hours of play and I could have easily had all but the one achievement.

I finally signed into my TA account to day and it now seems to have everything up-to-date. Although some of my newer games all say I started playing them today.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

I strongly encourage everyone to get onto TA (www.trueachievements.com) and add all the league members with TA scores as friends there.  That way you can see live feeds of whats going on with gamers in the league.  Also, I am finding that league members are starting to post and talk about the games more on TA then in this thread.

If you join TA for the first time and want to get it linked to this league, then personal mail me on this site. 

The End of an Era...

This is just a post to announce that my last league update and this season will end on Wednesday, December 22nd.  After that, I will be stepping aside from running the league so that I can focus more time on playing my stockpile of games.

The league has been very fun to run and I have enjoyed the online chats, discussions, and comments in this thread.  If anyone would like to take over the league please PM me directly on this site and I will fill you in on what it takes to run the league (It is 6-10 hours per week) and create a smooth transition for the start of the next season.

During the past 2 seasons, I have added many of you as friends on XBox Live and am often monitoring the progress those friends make in games.  If anyone in the league wants to add me to their friends list so we can keep in touch and tracking afterwards I will gladly accept the request.

Thanks again for particpating in this league and good luck gaming for the rest of this season!