By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favorite video game villains?

Well, as far as she was a villain, in terms of story no one beats The Boss (Metal Gear Solid 3). Her background as an antagonist was the most impressive and moving one I have ever seen in a videogame.

Of course it is no real surprise that I am also a big fan of the ever calm and collected Albert Wesker (Resident Evil series).

Other nominees include Yygdrasil (Tales of Symphonia), Jack Krauser (RE4), Pius Augustus (Eternal Darkness) and Vergil (DMC3).

I drink your milkshake.

Around the Network
arsenicazure said:

'enough said...

You do have an convicing argument.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Bowser hands down!

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

Alrighty! Time for me to spread some love about my favorite video game villains.

Ganondorf Dragmire (The Legend of Zelda Series)

"Heh, the wind... It is blowing."

I actually came to know Ganondorf when I started up my first Legend of Zelda Game, Ocarina of Time. I had no prior knowledge of previous iterations of the King of Evil, nor did I know anything about Ganon, his beast form known better from the original game and Link to the Past. I knew Ganondorf as the Gerudo King who wanted control of Hyrule and the Power of the Triforce. But as Link, I wouldn't let it be so easy for him. After all of my adventuring, I saved Princess Zelda and sent Ganondorf into the Sacred Realm. I had to say that he was a great final boss, and after than he was on my radar.

Fast forward to 2002, and the release of The Wind Waker. Ganondorf was back, and I was ready to take him down. But this time, something was different. As the land had developed over time, so had my bitter enemy. As I chased the fiend to his tower beneath the sea, I came upon him listening to Zelda's dreams:

Do you sleep still? Wait! Do not be so hasty, boy... I can see this girl's dreams... Oceans... Oceans... Oceans... Oceans... Oceans as far as the eye can see. They are vast seas... None can swim across them... They yield no fish to catch... What did the King of Hyrule say?... That the gods sealed Hyrule away? And they left behind people who would one day awaken Hyrule? How ridiculous... So many pathetic creatures, scattered across a handful of islands, drifting on this sea like fallen leaves on a forgotten pool... What they can possibly hope to achieve? Don't you see? All of you...

Your gods destroyed you!

I have been waiting for you, boy. For one like you... Yes... For the hero. Do not betray my expectations.

That's just the tip of the iceburg when it comes to his development as a character in the game. Ever since Wind Waker, Ganondorf has become my favorite video game villain of all time... maybe even my favorite villain in all media. Twilight Princess added to his character in many ways as well, making him the puppet master behind the events of the game. Some saw the plot twist as a cop out, I saw it as a brilliant move. Whatever you see it as, at least you can't deny his awesome character model in the game.

Jack Krauser (Resident Evil 4)

"Well if it isn't the bitch in the red dress."

If Leon Kennedy is Obi Wan Kenobi, then Jack Krauser is Anakin Skywalker. Bigger, faster, and stronger than his former comrade, Krauser is a force to be reckoned with. Not only has he proven to be a superior knife wielder than Leon (only saved by Ada's involvement at the last second), he also has the ability to transform his left arm into a sword like appendage that is extremely lethal.

Suffice to say, Krauser is my favorite Resident Evil villain, even moreso than Wesker. As RE4 took us into a new territory in the series, Krauser was a great new villain for that new frontier. He's escaped death once before, and I hope he does it again. Krauser is just too awesome for one game.

Doopliss (Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door)

"Hey, you again eh Slick?"

Awesome facts that you should know about Doopliss:

1. He's like Rumpelstilskin, if you say his name he'll lose his power.

2. He calls you "Slick". That's just plain awesome

3a. He steals not only your appearance, but your friends as well.
3b. Which allows you to beat up on your former "friends" (jerks) in the final fight with him.

4. He lives in a haunted steeple. It's called Creepy Steeple.

5. He joins the Shadow Sirens after Vivian leaves the group. It's a shame he can't teleport like the rest of them.

6. After you finish the game, he becomes an actor with Madame Flurry. Hurray for happy endings.

7. And most importantly of all, he turns people into pigs. That's awesome.

Dr. Ivo Robotnik / Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog Series)

*Smiles when he hits you*

Like Bowser, Dr. Robotnik is the poster child for "If at first you don't succeed, try try again." After countless foiled plots, devices, and doomsday machines, he keeps going at it. I must admit, I'll never grow tired of his attempts to control the world... or is just to robotosize cuddly animals? Or maybe it's control of the Chaos and Master Emeralds? Well whatever it is, at least his to do list is more varied than Bowser's. His boss themes are classic, his unique boss designs are always awesome to play against, and his final creations are always bigger and badder than the ones before. Good times.

With the release of Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcat, Dr. Robotnik turned into Dr. Eggman. Not only was there a name change, but he went through some design changes as well. But what's more disappointing is the fact that he seems to have taken a back seat when it comes to being Sonic's ultimate foe. Whether it's Chaos, Biolizard, Dark Gaia, or some other fiend... Dr. Robotnik/Eggman has become more of a familiar face that's not much of a threat. It's a shame, but hopefully one day, Dr. Eggman will have a plot that is so evil that nothing will stand in his way. Bring back the Death Egg!

Liquid Snake.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Around the Network

No one mentioned Albedo from Xenosaga? Oh and Kefka too