By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What is taking Nintendo so long to release Wii Sports Resort? Could it be..

Could it be that Nintendo is making Nintendo is making Wii Sports Resort with a quality online? I think so. Nintendo stated that it wants more Wii users to go online. What better way than to make the probable best selling game of the future with an awesome online component. That's my prediction.

Around the Network

My prediction is that they are trying to get the controls perfect. I don't think that they'll be any online.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

as long as they perfect that motion plus thing, it's enough. Online would be an extra, very welcomed

I'm betting they just want to have a big media splash at E3 and keeping everything mum until then and it'll launch right after E3. With no online. Nintendo forsakes online in some games that obviously need it like Mario Super Sluggers and Punch Out.

Could be a holiday heavy hitter.

Around the Network
amp316 said:
My prediction is that they are trying to get the controls perfect. I don't think that they'll be any online.

^^ what he said. You can't release a junky sequel to the 'best selling game of all time'.

No online. Quiet launch. Big sales.

I believe your "Nintendo wants to get Wii users online with this game" explanation makes more sense then the "They're just working on getting the controls right" explanation everyone else is saying.

I think that's more their concern then that of Nintendo's.

Right, because more Wii owners online means more money for Nintendo.

I think they are trying to build inventory of WiiMotion+ - any game that includes hardware has a much more complex manufacturing line.

Unless it gets delayed to the Xmas qrt - and I don't think it will - I still believe this to be the #1 seller this year. WiiFit seems to have #2 sown up already, but could take#1 if Ninty are too slow on the release for this...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099