By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What is taking Nintendo so long to release Wii Sports Resort? Could it be..

There's only 2 ways to get more people to use online.
1. Fix it to make it good, and not laggy and no friend codes.
2. Release a lot of games that use online.(Punch Out, Wii Sport Resort, Madworld, Mario Power Tennis, etc.)

Around the Network
RCTjunkie said:
No online. Quiet launch. Big sales.

Quiet launch...

I highly doubt that.... all Hardcore Wii owners will get it for motion +.... all casual Wii sports fan will get it for a rematch.

I think it'll be a Wii Fitesk launch. Supply constrained but mediatized.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

I just hope it comes out soon.

Maybe there just taking their time with it to make other developers like EA spend more time with the Wii Motion Plus and how to program it for their games?

I still think this will be pushed to the holidays. There's no info whatsoever and GDC and E3 are around the corner. If they dont unveil it at GDC then it's most probably pushed to the Holidays. Nintendo may not have a lot of SW coming up this year, therefore they have to save the big gun for the Holidays.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

Because of the type of tech it is I really think we will hear more about wm+ during GDC, as well as other games that take advantage of it. Hopefully a surprise or two.

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

What GDC day is Iwata going to use to give his keynote? That's probably the last hope for WSR before it's too late. I don't think they are going to unveil it at E3 to release it 5 days later. It's either that or Holiday title.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I really hope Nintendo doesn't waste a second working on online for WSR. It doesn't need it, and I can't figure out why anyone would consider it a welcome addition. Wii Sports is fun because you can play it in groups with people you know at a gathering. I would hate to play any WS-like game online. I can see where people are coming from when they think Punch Out needs online, though it's another game I'd only want to play with people I know in person, but WSR? Really? Where are your real life friends, people?

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Anyone else look at the thread title, and was thinking, "Could it be... SATAN?"

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Assuming Shiggy is working on this, he's the type to delay for controls rather than online.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception