By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict the percent (%) of market share for the Wii, PS3, 360 by gen's end

If people think the PS3 will win that makes absolutely no sense. Seriously.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

360: 28%
Wii: 41%
PS3: 41%

Has ANYONE predicted the 360 winning? someone must have, but I think i missed it...

dtewi said:
If people think the PS3 will win that makes absolutely no sense. Seriously.

Do you think wii will sale for the next 5/6 years ?

@dtewi:
That reeks of fanboy.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Around the Network

Yes i think the will still sell for the next few years. But that's like saying the PS2 wouldn't keep selling.

What makes you think the PS3 will win. That it actually has a line-up of good games like every other console, or the wii is a fad which has been proven wrong numerous times.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

Fanboy: Fanboy or Fanboi is a term used to describe someone who is utterly devoted to a single subject or hobby, often to the point where it is considered an obsession. The term originated in comic book circles, to describe someone who was socially insecure and used comics as a shield from interaction, hence the disparaging connotations. Fanboys are often experts on minor details regarding their hobbies, and they take these details extremely seriously.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
Yes i think the will still sell for the next few years. But that's like saying the PS2 wouldn't keep selling.

What makes you think the PS3 will win. That it actually has a line-up of good games like every other console, or the wii is a fad which has been proven wrong numerous times.

Wii is not the PS2, thats for sure.  It has the best line of games by far, and its the only on with the hd format of choice. 

Soriku said:
^ Opinion=/=Fact

Reality = fact.

leo-j said:
FF VII saved the ps1.

Whoa, let's not rewrite history here. FFVII moved quite a few PS1s but GT and MGS moved just as many (if not more) and released in a short period of time IIRC.

Those three games combined to make the PS1 a powerhouse. None of them on their own would have had the same effect.

And, whether you want to admit it or not, the Final Fantasy franchise is not the mega-mover it was a decade ago. That is undeniable. While the game will sell well and move PS3s, I don't forsee it having anywhere near the impact that VII did. Too many gamers (PAL and NA) have moved to the growing WRPG market that barely existed when VII released and while the JRPG market is still strong, it's not as strong as it once was. Not even close.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/